Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Zone Unlock Next to Airbase

cneedelman

Reaction score
I need to fly next to Thule Airbase in Greenland. The client has gotten permission to fly there from the Air Force. I've unlocked the Geo Zone around the airport, but the agreed upon flight path takes me very close to the runway. Is this a situation where I have to submit a letter to DJI for a custom unlock? Thule Air Base Geofencing.pngUnlocked Zone.pngUnlocked Zone.pngThule Air Base Geofencing.png

I need to fly next to Thule Airbase in Greenland. The client has gotten permission to fly there from the Air Force. I've unlocked the Geo Zone around the airport, but the agreed upon flight path takes me very close to the runway. Is this a situation where I have to submit a letter to DJI for a custom unlock? View attachment 3629View attachment 3630View attachment 3630View attachment 3629

In what form was the permission? A letter? Phone call?

In my experience, DJI needed a letter of authorization (to the pilot) uploaded in the custom unlock request area of their website. Although it's been a while since I have done that, that requirement may or may not have changed.
The fact your client received permission may not "fly" (pardon the pun) with DJI...they may require you to be specifically named in the letter.

Good luck!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker