Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

107 Drone pilot opportunities.

Has anyone here been part of or used the "DroneUp" platform? I can't remember how I came across them, but similar to droners.io or dronebase. I used both of those when I first started to gain experience and get used to planning missions, interacting with customers and even the general public. People will approach you in the middle of a job just to ask questions.

Anyways, I signed up with Droneup and I will say that I have been thrown a few jobs by them and the were actually interesting jobs. Surprisingly the payout was waaaayyyyy more friendly than either Dbase and Droner.io. I think it's because they have actual city/county contracts or large corporations contracts. They pay what the job is worth (minus their cut of course) I've never been offered a simple "real estate" job from them. Had an oil pipeline segment ($400), a natural gas warehouse ($350), and another one I can't remember. Unfortunately, I could not make the deadline to complete those and it was given to someone else.

I also think they offer higher payout because there are actually "certs" that you have to present to show you are qualified for certain things ie actual sample of a thermal inspection you completed, actual sample of a mapping job you've completed, actual sample FEMA training courses, etc etc. No bidding was involved. You will get a notification of the job offer by way of the app. They provide very detailed and informed instructions to what the customer is requesting based on the qualifications that you've presented to them. (example: You won't get offered a thermal job if you don't own a thermal drone) You then chose to accept it or not for the price offered.

Oh, I remember the last job offer. I was a lost and found case in the desert. They wanted a thermal system because night time was setting in ($250+).

I just looked at their website, seems professional and it is obvious they want to make sure they have well qualified pilots. There are so many people jumping on this band wagon I just wonder what the real future is for serious income.
Look at the cost of equipment if you want give full service. RTK Drone, IR, batteries, and of course drones, and I say drones as plural because if one goes down, you need a backup, and of course insurance, and lots of it.

My thoughts are one needs to get at least 100 dollars an hour plus travel expenses.

Agree with R-Perry;
Get a good handle calculating your variable and fixed cost. A good CPA will help you identify these items
Jot down precise info of that particular Job.
FYI I don't deduct food or beverages, it becomes to suspicious for the IRS.
Many of these and other expenses can be written off, including your cost of having/using a CPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiweets Tool