Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

A lot of subforums

Ryan Fox

Reaction score
Website
foxrow.com
Hi admins,

First of all, thanks for running the site. It's a nice resource to have.

I have a favor to ask. I think the user experience of the site could be improved by condensing some of the disparate topics. There are 9 sub-forums and 35 sub-sub forums. That's a lot to check if you want to see what the latest threads are. I occasionally hit the forum homepage, see pages of unread sections, don't feel like diving in, and close the tab :(

I think a lot of the topics might be better served by merging into another. For example, the Energy section has 5 subsections, and 3 only threads updated this month. If a lot of those were merged, it would be a lot easier to check up on the latest posts.

So thanks again, and please consider it.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Ryan Fox I'll make sure the Admins are aware of this thread.

Keep in mind that this is a very new and fledgling forum so topics will become more populated shortly as our numbers grow... and grow... and GROW :)

Hi admins,

First of all, thanks for running the site. It's a nice resource to have.

I have a favor to ask. I think the user experience of the site could be improved by condensing some of the disparate topics. There are 9 sub-forums and 35 sub-sub forums. That's a lot to check if you want to see what the latest threads are. I occasionally hit the forum homepage, see pages of unread sections, don't feel like diving in, and close the tab :(

I think a lot of the topics might be better served by merging into another. For example, the Energy section has 5 subsections, and 3 only threads updated this month. If a lot of those were merged, it would be a lot easier to check up on the latest posts.

So thanks again, and please consider it.

Thanks, Ryan. We are trying to design the forums based on the growth we see so it might seem a bit of overkill right now. At some point we expect thousands of new posts a day (like we see on our other forums) so having them split out now will make it easier to manage.

I'll see if we can make some tweaks but you might want to consider using some of the "watched forums" or "new posts" options to better see everything new coming in. We are also testing a new version to the xenforo platform which will have some other options to follow just the stuff you are interested in.

Thanks again!

"Search" also works nice if you have a specific thought and want to see if it has been discussed before. (although I'm sometimes guilty of not checking that before I post, so I see your point, either way)

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM