Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Air 2S trouble completing Drone Deploy Missions

Rockyb

Reaction score
I have had issues completing missions on my DJI Air 2S. First it started a panoramic mission and would not take any pictures, the flight pattern was also erratic. Then I attempted a video mission and it started and stopped 2 minutes in and would not continue. Then I started to receive errors saying it would not connect to my camera, and it would not start another mission.

I went home, made sure everything but my batteries were up to date, and re-calibrated my camera and sensors.

I went out today and I was able to complete one panoramic mission, I added the 2nd panoramic mission into the queue, and it started that mission and stopped after taking 6 of 26 photos and would not restart. After that I was able to get my drone to start the mission, but it would start to travel to the start location but it would stop suddenly and then start again, almost like it was confused on what to do, and it would take close to 3 minutes to get to the start location. Then I would receive the error message listed below, I was able to restart the mission but it was again acting erratically, see screen shot below, and it would take a few photos, but it would take a few minutes to take them and then stop all together.

After the first mission I was not able to complete another mission, it would start but not finish, this is very frustrating.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this and if you were able to find a fix.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer

IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0004.PNG1920×1080 212 KB

IMG_0005.PNG
IMG_0005.PNG1920×1080 391 KB

IMG_0006.PNG

Thank you for your comments, I apologize for not providing more details.

I am using the standard controller, with a Iphone 7Pro. I have a SanDisk 128gb Extreme micro SDXC.

I also emailed the DroneDeploy tech support, they gave me about 7 troubleshooting ideas and also let me know that they do not recommend using any Iphone older then a 8, which could be causing my issues.

New to Drone Deploy myself, I came across similar issues. However, I believe I determined the cause as DJY Fly app was still open and seemed to cause the conflict. When I closed the fly app, everything cleared up. Hope this helps!

Last month I had to do 40 drone deploy panos and I had a couple of them stall out as you mentioned same with video missions.
Here is the cure shut the drone off shut the controller off exit DroneDeploy.
Power everything up again you should be good to go.
Also, I always keep.Go4 running in the background because if I don’t, that’s when I get the can’t connect to the camera error.
YMMV but that’s what works for me.
Every single pano came out fine

New to Drone Deploy myself, I came across similar issues. However, I believe I determined the cause as DJY Fly app was still open and seemed to cause the conflict. When I closed the fly app, everything cleared up. Hope this helps!

That was one of the factors I was told to check on when I received troubleshooting ideas from DroneDeploy, it propably is a good idea to turn off the app before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM