Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Albino Alligator?

AH-1G

Reaction score
Website
digitalphotographypainting.weebly.com
I was flying yesterday to capture video of alligators. After reviewing the footage at home, to my surprise and again my wife pointed out, the possibility of an albino alligator?

1st picture normal alligator at surface, note how dark the body is and the portion slightly submersed, the darkness there.
2nd and 3 pick, Albino gators body is not dark.

Since my wife and I help with research at a certain lake (See post # 6), we know at 1 foot 6 inches below the surface it's impossible to see anything. That's how murky the water is.

I ran the pics through Lightroom to clear up pixel noise, and then cropped to get a closer look.
Alligator was swimming from North to South then South/Southeast.
The video was captured around 3:30ish pm with a slightly hazy sky condition 04/06/2019

Opinions?
1 Normal Looking  Alligator.png
2a Albino Alligator_2a.png
2 Albino Alligator.png

Last edited:
I don't know anything about alligators, but I do know a lot about looking at water for things submerged like submarines. I'll bet you will find that it is a submerged alligator and you are seeing it's reflection off the water. Somewhere I have a picture of a sub in the North Pacific that also looks white, and the Russians didn't have any white subs. I'll see if I can find it, scan it, then post it. It was taken long before digital photography and Photoshop.

Reactions: AH-1G
I don't know anything about alligators, but I do know a lot about looking at water for things submerged like submarines. I'll bet you will find that it is a submerged alligator and you are seeing it's reflection off the water. Somewhere I have a picture of a sub in the North Pacific that also looks white, and the Russians didn't have any white subs. I'll see if I can find it, scan it, then post it. It was taken long before digital photography and Photoshop.
That's seem logical!
But I will have to admit, as much flying and some research I've done here, this has never been the case with other gators?
I'm heading out today to St. John's Management Water Management District, see what they say?

So I personally visited the St. Johns Water District Office this morning.
They looked at the video and were perplexed, they even called an expert at a Northern Florida office.
I left with them a copy of the video, 30 seconds of what ever it may be swimming.
They had mentioned a couple of fish in the lake. but admitted it would be hard pressed to have one that long/big.
I was asked not to share it with the public for now! :oops: arrrrg!
So I will remove the name of the lake and information relating to that lake.

So I personally visited the St. Johns Water District Office this morning.
They looked at the video and were perplexed, they even called an expert at a Northern Florida office.
I left with them a copy of the video, 30 seconds of what ever it may be swimming.
They had mentioned a couple of fish in the lake. but admitted it would be hard pressed to have one that long/big.
I was asked not to share it with the public for now! :oops: arrrrg!
So I will remove the name of the lake and information relating to that lake.

We aren't the public so you can share whatever yo want.
Maybe bigfoot was taking a swim, no, he's in the North West.

funny you said that, reminds me of a WWII saying my family talked about "lose lips sink ships"

We aren't the public so you can share whatever yo want.
Maybe bigfoot was taking a swim, no, he's in the North West.

funny you said that, reminds me of a WWII saying my family talked about "lose lips sink ships"
Loose

We have been in FL for 15 or 20 years and have not even heard of an albino alligator. I'm curious to know if anyone got back to you on it at all.

Here is the 35 second video, look at center right of video.
I was rotating my camera looking for a surface gator.
The waves also make it look like his tail is moving faster.
Strange. Has anyone taken a guess on what it could be if not an alligator?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM