Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Another drone interfering with wildfire aircraft..

These operators who do this crap aren't professionals and probably don't even know the existence of TFRs and NOTAMs. This is rapidly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves, next to unlicensed drone service providers who create videos and photos for various events and real estate.

These operators who do this crap aren't professionals and probably don't even know the existence of TFRs and NOTAMs. This is rapidly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves, next to unlicensed drone service providers who create videos and photos for various events and real estate.

I think all Pilots should quality before being allowed to buy a UAV. It's these people that tarnish the rest of us! [emoji35]

There is a comedian that I get a kick out of, one of his favorite statements is "You can't fix stupid" and he is right. We are all human, and as such make mistakes, and that is understandable. But when someone jeopardizes the safety of others knowingly, that is just plain stupidity, and I don't think there is a cure for it.

You can have every license, every endorsement, and tons of experience but if your prone to doing stupid things they don't mean a thing.

Look at the airline pilots that have been caught drinking before flying, they are obviously well trained, experienced, and hold every endorsement needed, but still do stupid things.

Can't fix stupid. How many aviation crashes have been caused by "qualified" pilots?

Years ago the last recording of the pilots was "what is the MEA in this area", they planted themselves on Mt Hood in Oregon. All one needs to do is do a search for pilot error accidents and the list will blow your mind.

Reactions: Hummingbird
I read a lot of books on aviation accidents, perhaps because I almost bought the farm in 1977, flying a SAR mission for the Civil Air Patrol on the island of Kauai, inside Waimea Canyon aka the "Grand Canyon of The Pacific." Sheer luck kept me from flying west that day. I am painfully aware of how pilots f**k up. Look at Air France flight 447. The cockpit crew became so preoccupied with computer and pitot tube problems, they lost situational awareness, stalled the Airbus A330, one of the most advanced, computerized airliners in the world and crashed it into the ocean.

Reactions: Hummingbird
There is a comedian that I get a kick out of, one of his favorite statements is "You can't fix stupid" and he is right. We are all human, and as such make mistakes, and that is understandable. But when someone jeopardizes the safety of others knowingly, that is just plain stupidity, and I don't think there is a cure for it.

You can have every license, every endorsement, and tons of experience but if your prone to doing stupid things they don't mean a thing.

Look at the airline pilots that have been caught drinking before flying, they are obviously well trained, experienced, and hold every endorsement needed, but still do stupid things.

Well I certainly can't argue with that. I think that's a line I will use a lot in future...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM