Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Another FAA delay on Part 107 for March 2021

I've been studying to take the test for the first time and was hoping to take it before the 27th of March. Does this mean I should wait and do it in April?
First off WELCOME to the forum :)

Yes is you can wait until the release (as of right now 4/6/21) you definitely should as this will give you the most from your Part 107 when you pass. If you took and passed right now, you'd have to take a the Recurrency Training/Testing again once it's released to get the full benefits of the new regulations (night flights etc).

Good luck on your test.

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

Yes is you can wait until the release (as of right now 4/6/21) you definitely should as this will give you the most from your Part 107 when you pass. If you took and passed right now, you'd have to take a the Recurrency Training/Testing again once it's released to get the full benefits of the new regulations (night flights etc).

Good luck on your test.
But....up to you but if your are up to date and confident in your 107 test knowledge, to me you are better off taking it now imo. Think that you learned everything you need to pass but now have to add on night etc to sit for the 107 if you wait. Taking it now means you are tested on what you learned, then can turn right around and do the updated recurrent to be up to date for night ops. To me I would rather test now if I'm ready then simply sit in a few weeks to get you updated so you don't have to study new material as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
I've been studying to take the test for the first time and was hoping to take it before the 27th of March. Does this mean I should wait and do it in April?
Considering the FAA keep on delaying and has only set a general date "Spring" . If you take it now you can start flying for profit and you can still get waivers for night flying if you need to.

Waiting on a government agency usually isn't the most expedient way of getting things done.

Just remember to fly responsibly .

Good luck.
mdr

So do the delays in the implementation of these rules extend the sunset of the daylight waiver beyond the date they set in May originally. I think I would tend to believe that if it is like how they rolled this out and there was a certain number of days to have the new rules in effect, I would think it would extend the sunset by the same amount of days.

So do the delays in the implementation of these rules extend the sunset of the daylight waiver beyond the date they set in May originally. I think I would tend to believe that if it is like how they rolled this out and there was a certain number of days to have the new rules in effect, I would think it would extend the sunset by the same amount of days.

As of right now:

4/6/21 Initial Knowledge Test and Recurrency Training Modules will be updated and go LIVE with new regs.

4/21/21 New "allowances" go into effect (Flying at Night w/o waiver)

5//21/21 All existing ~107.29 (Daylight Waivers) will auto-expire regardless of the expiration date on the waiver

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905