Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Another Job offer.

Not to blow smoke, Yet It's true I'm an Aquiline Drones Pilot and they are finally getting off the ground. I even talked to their corporate office and I had you have any jobs. He said they needed about 800 people in the USA to fly for Aquiline but you have to pay 1300.00 for the program you say. I say that finally they are getting the control panel set up online for the use of this system and the cloud is online. They are having training on the Drones, in Texas And Floriday in the next month or this month. There is work they sai in Agriculture with this large client. We Will see.

Not to blow smoke, Yet It's true I'm an Aquiline Drones Pilot and they are finally getting off the ground. I even talked to their corporate office and I had you have any jobs. He said they needed about 800 people in the USA to fly for Aquiline but you have to pay 1300.00 for the program you say. I say that finally they are getting the control panel set up online for the use of this system and the cloud is online. They are having training on the Drones, in Texas And Floriday in the next month or this month. There is work they sai in Agriculture with this large client. We Will see.
Litchi

Drone base just sent me a job offer up at Dodge Ridge ski resort, about sixty miles up in the Sierras. They are offering $150.00, ten acres of mapping and the funny thing is they want 80/80 overlap on the mapping. They also want a ton of pictures and very specific pictures. I did respond, and told them I would do it for $350.00. For me that would be almost three hours of driving, plus the shoot. Their estimate of the shoot time was 1 hour and that is a joke, more like two hours.
So what do you all think, too high or too low?

Also, it needs to be done on this Thursday at 11 AM only.
I had a similar experience up here in Canada with a similar company. They wanted me to map ~200Ha in controlled airspace (near a city airport) with my M300 and P1, using RTK, for ~$350USD($450CDN). The job was 520 mile round trip.

I flew solar panels for Exactus Enrgy and it was so easy but no work out in Midland, Texas I had about 6 jobs a month and they pay peanuts for Solar pre- inspections
They have been bugging me for months to do work for them. Most jobs are an hour to 2 away, but they say they have plenty of work. I keep asking them what it pays and they won't tell me until I agree to accept work. Can you provide some detail into what they pay?

They have been bugging me for months to do work for them. Most jobs are an hour to 2 away, but they say they have plenty of work. I keep asking them what it pays and they won't tell me until I agree to accept work. Can you provide some detail into what they pay?
Yeah sorry just git back on they pay 75$ for a fly over s pattern of the roof using your shooting figure cause its all pictures and its easy work. Then if they had you do more tahy were suppose to pay up to 120 per inspection. They feed off the Poor also. I dont get their business plan.

Reactions: Hawkeye
Yeah sorry just git back on they pay 75$ for a fly over s pattern of the roof using your shooting figure cause its all pictures and its easy work. Then if they had you do more tahy were suppose to pay up to 120 per inspection. They feed off the Poor also. I dont get their business plan.
Thanks for the info. No way I'm driving 2 hrs or even 1 hour to do a job for $75!

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thanks for the info. No way I'm driving 2 hrs or even 1 hour to do a job for $75!

There is no scenario whatsoever in my Business Plan that provides services for $75.

Well, maybe there is: The time and effort would be better spent, and a better investment, spent working on my marketing, website, social media channels, drone maintenance, flying maneuver practice, personal development; you get the idea....

Ex-employee, be cautious with Aquiline.
what did you do at Aquiline? I did some research on the company and it looks like a complete scam to me! Who in their right mind would pay $1,299 to "buy" into their program in hope that the comapy finds work for them???....EVERYBODY STAY AWAY!!!... from these companies...DroneBase, DroneUp, Bees360...etc.

Reactions: R.Perry
Pilot Recruiter/Sales
can you share why you left the company? I have done work for DroneBase and DroneUP and I can say from first hand experience that these companies are hurting the small drone service providers by paying pilots very poorly ($75-$100) for what they are asking for. No one can make a profit by spending 30min to 1hr traveling one way to a site, spending an 1-2 hrs on site, then spending a min of 1hr uploading...and you have to do it when they tell you to!...sometimes with very little advance notice....and if you need to talk to someone in flight ops/tech support...forget it!!! I am fortunate now that I don't have to do this kind of work as I am working for an Engineering Consulting/Surveying company that employs drones in their business.
Thanks for your time.

If you're good with insurance roof inspection, Bees 360 is legit. Best company I have worked for. Their software works well for ground captures, and you can fly the drone missions manually and upload later. I can usually get in and out within an hour per job at a reasonable base. Interior inspection, drive time, multiple structures are all taken into consideration and increase compensation. I'm busier now than I've ever been.

Reactions: MikeA
A few other things, you set your availability and they fill it. If you need to re-schedule, they are out of the loop and you work it out with the client and let them know the changes. Nice folks. I don't care how much they profit, I set an income mark for my services and they meet or exceed it. If I could drive/fly 40 hours per week, I could easily quit my corporate job.

There is no scenario whatsoever in my Business Plan that provides services for $75.

Well, maybe there is: The time and effort would be better spent, and a better investment, spent working on my marketing, website, social media channels, drone maintenance, flying maneuver practice, personal development; you get the idea....
Are you familiar with the law of diminishing returns? Would you rather drive an hour and make $75, or sit at home and make $0? I take jobs up to 2 hours away depending on where they are and how much the pay is. I ride my motorcycle through some beautiful country, and while I'm sightseeing, I stop and make >$75/hr. It easily covers gas and lunch, and there's even plenty left to exceed business overhead. I used to have the same high bar. Now I get to take a lot of trips, have a lot of fun, and do a boatload of drone work every week.

Well Higher what if no one was willing to work for these crappy offers? Seems like there is a new group of 107 folks out there will work for nothing. You unfortunately don't get it, you didn't make 75 dollars and hour, sounds like your corporate job must pay minimum wage. One thing for sure, the people that will take these kinds of jobs are driving this business into the toilet.
The job offers I received to do Bear Valley Resort started at 75 bucks, I told them I would do it for 300, I got them up to offering 200 I declined. The manager up their told me they had quoted job at 550 dollars. These job brokers are a bunch of bottom feeders. No, I will stay home, go fishing, play golf, or ride my horse rather than help destroy this business.

Drive two hours and work a job for 75 bucks? Sorry, not me. That's 8 gallons of gas for me and 5 hours. Even without considering the insurance, drone/battery replacement costs, taxes, processing time, and other stuff, that's about $7 per hour.

Reactions: dronecyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143