Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any commercial drone pilots in/near Joneboro AR fly search/rescue?

rcdancer

Approved Vendor
DSAR Member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronesar.info
We got a call re a 13 year old austic girl missing for 30 hours in Jonesboro AR. They are looking for a drone pilot with FLIR. Any commercial pilots in/near there that can help? The closest DSAR registry pilot is in MO and I'm trying to get ahold of him.

They have a dog searching who has reportedly picked up a scent. Just in case ... I'm 5 hours away and charging the batteries on the M2ED and Inspire 1 with the Zenmuse XT FLIR camera. If they still haven't found her by morning and I don't hear from anyone else ... I will head that way.

Search area is in class E2 airspace only 1.6 miles from an airport and requires authorization ... which I've requested. I will not depart until/unless I receive authorization from the FAA. But the situation is also strange. Law Enforcement apparently is not involved and didn't even know about it until a few hours ago (she's been missing for almost 48 hours now.) Huh? Search is being conducted by "Lost is not alone" EquuSearch. Doesn't make sense. I think there is more going on here than meets the eye.

No. Turns out that LE is involved but they don't have the resources and called in EquuSearch (Texas EquuSearch) who have been involved in several national high-profile cases. I had extensive conversation with the EquuSearch guy managing this search and they are interested in establishing a working relationship with us.

Additionally, Im looking into securing some licenses of Loc8 software (Image Scanning Software - Search & Rescue | Loc8) for DSAR.

Reactions: TreeLineView
Hmmmmmm... Maybe there's a 48 hour rule before LE gets involved???
Just an FYI; when a vulnerable individual is missing (13 year old autistic girl) LE takes immediate action (unless they are incompetent). No such thing as a 48 hour rule, or 24 or 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: tleedom and AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3