Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any Good online classes for part 107 FAA exam

Rcartie

Reaction score
Any good online classes for drone pilot part 107. I saw one that will refund the Course money if you don't pass it.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Any good online classes for drone pilot part 107. I saw one that will refund the Course money if you don't pass it.

I used Gleim's online course for the FAA Private Pilot test. Excellent info, testing, and overall service. I also used Dauntless Aviation's test prep program, which was also helpful. No reason to think their Part 107 stuff isn't just as good.

I suggest you give Gold Seal a try. You can register for free and take the first three lessons to see how you like it. I definitely suggest that you take a test drive of any program before plopping down your hard-earned cash. If you like Gold Seal, use the discount code (below)!

And yes, "You Pass or We Pay!"

www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Last edited:
Remote Pilot 101 | Chosen for the low price, great reviews and them making course materials available for life so when it comes time to re-up and don't have to re-spend :)

Generally speaking we all are in love with the service we engaged and think others should follow in our footsteps. I think generally you need to browse your options and find what format would work best for you. I found some formats not to my liking but was very content with how Remote Pilot 101 delivered the goods.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
We use and suggest Gold Seal to each of our clients. It's taught by FAA flight instructors and in a way that is consistent with FAA standards. In fact, Gold Seal is currently the ONLY FAA Approved UAS Flight School.

The best thing about Gold Seal is that they don't teach you "how to pass the test" but they teach you the subject matter so you have the knowledge to pass Real World testing (aka being a Professional Commercial Operator) and being able to do so safely.

If you're going to do it why not do it right??

I have looked at all of the courses and previously used one. I passed the test but I want to take another course to expand my knowledge. I am going to take the Gold Seal Course this time. I think that going into a course and considering a money back guarantee is a very negative attitude. Take a positive attitude and you will do much better in that you want to understand the material. Good luck.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just for the record, Gold Seal has been doing online ground school programs for longer than King has. Gold Seal was the first to have an online Private Pilot ground school and also the first to have an online Remote Pilot ground school. King was a very late entry into the Remote Pilot thing.

I used Gold Seal, they have a refund policy and I passed with an 88 today! I studied for about 2 weeks in the evening and took practice final tests 6 times. It really was and is a good course imo. Good luck and safe flying.

There are several schools this is true. There is only 1 that is recognized by the Faa. My personal opinion is they all do pretty much the same thing in similar ways. I liked and choose Gold Seal cause of there policies,the ability to try 3 lessons for free and thier reputation. It is true you can probably pass the test and do everything for free by watching YouTube videos and getting the FAA downloads however it requires you to do some extra work it's a simple Choice have it presented to you in a way that you can understand or search everything for yourself. Once you become a member of Gold Seal it is forever so I see no downside and you will have to renew every two years. There were a lot of questions on my 107 that were not presented by gold seal as word for word on the test you had to read them and think about them and remember what it was you were taught to get the correct answers.Good luck to everyone.

I used several classes both in person and online. And most of them tell you in general what you need to know to pass the test. They don't teach you, but just try to get you to memorize a bunch of stuff. Biggest waste of money. I used Gold Seal's online school and found the classes and reviews fantastic!! I passed the test with a 92% and couldn't recommend them more.

I also took ground school in person for my private pilot and it was the same as what I'd experienced with Remote Pilot stuff, here's what you need to know for the test. So when I get a bit more time I'll be taking Gold Seal's private pilot classes as well!!

There are several schools this is true. There is only 1 that is recognized by the Faa. My personal opinion is they all do pretty much the same thing in similar ways. I liked and choose Gold Seal cause of there policies,the ability to try 3 lessons for free and thier reputation. It is true you can probably pass the test and do everything for free by watching YouTube videos and getting the FAA downloads however it requires you to do some extra work it's a simple Choice have it presented to you in a way that you can understand or search everything for yourself. Once you become a member of Gold Seal it is forever so I see no downside and you will have to renew every two years. There were a lot of questions on my 107 that were not presented by gold seal as word for word on the test you had to read them and think about them and remember what it was you were taught to get the correct answers.Good luck to everyone.

I used Youtube to get a handle on Airspace. There are some very good examples there. The thing with a course is to build a strong foundation. Once you have that foundation you can keep building upon it as I intend to do using Gold Seal this time around. I found Sporty's Test Prep very helpful as well and still refer to that when passing time. Once the foundation is there you should be able to sort things out on the test. Good job in passing the test. No go and practice and enjoy you aircraft knowledge.

We can highly recommend Remote Pilot 101 as we and hundreds if not thousands of our clients have used it for 107 test prep. Jason does a great job there.

We have also heard good things about Gold Seal although have not used their program first hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143