Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Any US pilots gotten permission to fly in the UK?

Reaction score
Hey all - traveling to the UK for business in July and I thought I might bring a drone with me. If I do, some of my footage would be given to a local church, which counts as commercial under US law - any ideas if I need to apply for commercial operation in the UK or not? I know my 107 isn't officially recognized but I've read that they "take it into account."

Has anybody traveled to the UK and flown there either commercially or recreationally? Would be grateful if you could share your experience and where you went to get permission.

Thanks a lot!

Hey all - traveling to the UK for business in July and I thought I might bring a drone with me. If I do, some of my footage would be given to a local church, which counts as commercial under US law - any ideas if I need to apply for commercial operation in the UK or not? I know my 107 isn't officially recognized but I've read that they "take it into account."

Has anybody traveled to the UK and flown there either commercially or recreationally? Would be grateful if you could share your experience and where you went to get permission.

Thanks a lot!
I was in UK in mid January. After all the sightings, including one at LHR the day before I flew over, I decided not to take my Mavic Pro. Good thing too as attitude towards drones was less than favorable. But I suggest calling your nearest consulate and posing the question.

Here's a link to UAV Coach's brief overview of Britain's drone regs as they apply to foreign pilots. It also contains an embedded link to the CAA's website and contact info (particularly useful as you can contact the CAA directly before you leave, give them your specifics & get their official okeedokee), and a video of some really spectacular British countryside shot from drones to further entice you (like you needed any extra persuasion.) Hope this proves useful. Cheers!

Drone Laws in the U.K. | UAV Coach (2019)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlisonChar