Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone Good With Twitter?

thecordman

Reaction score
Website
www.mydronecareer.com
Hi,

Is anyone good at getting activity from Twitter. DJI has 1.3m followers but their Tweets still only get 20 retweets. This is an example but it seems so hard to get anything positive from it.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Hi,

Is anyone good at getting activity from Twitter. DJI has 1.3m followers but their Tweets still only get 20 retweets. This is an example but it seems so hard to get anything positive from it.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
You have to have something important to say that is of interest to the other users. Personally, social media is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Google does not use social signals as a direct ranking factor. There are over 500 ranking factors in Google's algorithm; very few of them have been confirmed. Social signals seem - I emphasize seem - to be an indirect ranking influence.

Social media may be - I emphasize may be - good for establishing your branding and thought leadership, but getting engagement is pretty **** hard, unless you're a celebrity, a global brand or otherwise have a high public profile.

In order for Google to consider whether or not your social media engagement should be counted for indexing and ranking depends upon your followers engagement with the content you post on your streams.

I have mixed feelings about social media - on one hand, it can be very useful in transmitting near real time information during situations, but on the other hand, it's a total **** show what with trolls and the hateful fighting that social media seems to encourage.

Unfortunately, as business owners and web publishers, we are expected to participate in the appropriate social media platforms our target audiences frequent. Social media can be one helluva time and energy sucking exercise, because you really just don't know what will trigger good engagement consistently.

There are actually folks out there making a living telling people how to increase their rankings with social media and search engines. One of my brother-in-laws brothers does it.

After 25 plus years making my living as a web developer, I can emphatically tell you that 90 percent of SEO experts know very little about ranking factors. Every one of them that we have hired had to be let go when we've found ourselves doing on the job SEO training.

Do you think having meta keywords in you header is important for SEO? How you answer that will be the same way most SEO experts have answered it. But ask Googles SEO chief and you get a different answer.

You might get some bang for your social buck if you know what you're doing; which means you have some relevant and useful content - instead of regurgitated copycat gibberish.

Oh, Google has well over 500 ranking factors so don't get bogged down on just one, especially something relatively meaningless.

Should I be posting this here or would I be better served tweeting about it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker