Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone use a tail sitter for mapping

Tim Jones

Reaction score
Been considering a fixed wing for a while, I am nearing the finish of my x8 camera platform, and mapping is of interest to me.
Some interesting technology in this little guy, but when you cant see the price without asking for a quote that usually means big bucks
Tail sitters are supported by ardupilot so I am sure I could build a platform for fairly cheap, but then how do you handle all the image processing is another discipline.

WingtraOne: VTOL drone for large coverage mapping and surveying

Been considering a fixed wing for a while, I am nearing the finish of my x8 camera platform, and mapping is of interest to me.
Some interesting technology in this little guy, but when you cant see the price without asking for a quote that usually means big bucks
Tail sitters are supported by ardupilot so I am sure I could build a platform for fairly cheap, but then how do you handle all the image processing is another discipline.

WingtraOne: VTOL drone for large coverage mapping and surveying

If it is pricey just build one yourself pal, There is very little in a vtol system that requires high cost beyond the software/ hardware that handles the transition. The motors are esc's on something that size will be peanuts from Hobbyking etc.

vtol rc plane - Google Search

A quick google brings lot of air frames your could adapt :)

You may even be able to buy the bare air frames and kit it with your own good quality gear.

I can see straight away the eflite xvert is available as a air frame for £60

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter