Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Anyone used a home made drone that passed for gov work (Blue list)?

JMaeding

Reaction score
I am on a long project that introduced the Blue List requirement in the middle. Its a complete joke, of course, as the idea of someone stealing the images as you fly is so much harder than just flying the site themselves when you are not looking, or hacking into where you store the results using some insider. Anyway.....
Its a long shot, but the main issue gov seems to care about is encryption of the signal going back to ground controller. I would think anyone these days could buy hardware that encrypts the signal, just for other reasons than privacy. If we could do that, it should pass with the agnecies involved, assuming, well, assuming they use logic (arrgggg).
Anyone tried proposing a home made drone, or brought it up?
Given these American made drones cost 5x the DJI equivalents, there is a lot of money to play with.
I will say the American made stuff is nice, like REALLY nice Clark (says Eddie).
I do like buying American, and I make the drone, its about as American as it can get.
The thing that kills me is every contractor has to add $60k to their bid for this requirement, and our tax dollars pay for that. Its highly suspicious that magically several agencies suddenly decided on this Blue List, given the real vulnerability is the storage of the info after the flight.

Reactions: MikeA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143