Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Are DJI drones RID ready?

Vic Moss

Reaction score
Website
dspalliance.org
There is a great article from DJIs own Brendan Schulman about whether or not DJI drones will be RID compliant when it becomes mandatory in the U.S.

He does have October 2022 ad 2023 listed as the implementation months, but it's September 16, 2022 and 2023. I texted him earlier for clarification. I'll edit my post when I hear back.

Thanks for that @Vic Moss. Many of us are already somewhat used to flying with a form of RID mentioned in the article. Voluntarily, quite a while ago I enabled the currently implemented RID built into the DJO Go4 software I fly a M2P under. It broadcasts a UUID, (Universal User Identification Code linked to a user's DJI account) plus the FAA Registration number and my 107 number. As far as I know, only Aeroscope can pick it up.

I have no issues with this whatsoever. I fly legally and I strive to make sure all rules are followed. If I'm ever in an area where Aeroscope (or whatever) picks me up and I shouldn't be there, I WANT TO KNOW about it, immediately.

I'm sure by 2023, there will be a Mavic 4 fully compliant with options and a DoC for whatever category needed for flight over people. The airframes I'm flying now will most likely be well beyond their lives. (In a business, professional sense)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker