Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Autel

chessking1958

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new Autel Robotics EVO Max 4T is good for the agracultural or energy sector ? And is it released yet?

Does anyone know if the new Autel Robotics EVO Max 4T is good for the agracultural or energy sector ? And is it released yet?
I am not sure what you mean about good.

For agriculture it does not have a multispectral camera. To do crop health you would have to use the VARI algorithm which works but does have some limitations. A multispectral would have Red, Green, Red Edge and Near Infrared and this would allow for using the NDVI which allows for crop health comparison from different days.

The Max would be able to do orthomapping as would any drone with a camera and a way to obtain images at the right height (GSD) and overlap. But I did not read anywhere that the RGB camera on the Max is going to be leaning towards mapping (Mechanical Shutter, ability to geotag coordinates and elevation with RTK or PPK corrected data).

For the energey sector it would have uses, but its thermal is a long wave sensor, and mid wave sensors are more geared for detecting gas leaks. The long wave thermal would have other uses though in energy.

The zoom camera specs look pretty good and I would think that they will be comparable to the M30T and H20T and SIRAS.

Also look at the FLIR SIRAS as some companies in the energy sector follow the ban DJI thinking. FLIR SIRAS is not a Blue sUAS, but is from FLIR/Teledyne an American company although the SIRAS is made in Taiwan.

The Max should start shipping in March.

Reactions: chessking1958
I am not sure what you mean about good.

For agriculture it does not have a multispectral camera. To do crop health you would have to use the VARI algorithm which works but does have some limitations. A multispectral would have Red, Green, Red Edge and Near Infrared and this would allow for using the NDVI which allows for crop health comparison from different days.

The Max would be able to do orthomapping as would any drone with a camera and a way to obtain images at the right height (GSD) and overlap. But I did not read anywhere that the RGB camera on the Max is going to be leaning towards mapping (Mechanical Shutter, ability to geotag coordinates and elevation with RTK or PPK corrected data).

For the energey sector it would have uses, but its thermal is a long wave sensor, and mid wave sensors are more geared for detecting gas leaks. The long wave thermal would have other uses though in energy.

The zoom camera specs look pretty good and I would think that they will e to the M30T and H20T and SIRAS.

Also look at the FLIR SIRAS as some companies in the energy sector follow the ban DJI thinking. FLIR SIRAS is not a Blue sUAS, but is from FLIR/Teledyne an American company although the SIRAS is made in Taiwan.

The Max should start shipping in March.
Thanks, jaja6009 that's alot of good information, After I passed my Part 107 I made the mistake of perchasing a DJI Matrice 300RTK with the H20T, I have to admit its still sitting in its original boxes never used once! To much Drone for me to start with. So I bought the EVO II PRO 6K Very satisfied so far. I think I will try to sell the Matrice 300 and go with the Max 4T. Thanks again

Reactions: jaja6009
I've heard that the DJI Mavic 3 M is superb!
Yes I heard the same,thanks so much, but I think the Max 4T may have more right out of the box. I could be wrong but an Enterprise drone was were I'm leaning . I already own the Autel EVO II Pro 6K . Which is near the same class as the Mavic. Thanks again GFields

Yes I heard the same,thanks so much, but I think the Max 4T may have more right out of the box. I could be wrong but an Enterprise drone was were I'm leaning . I already own the Autel EVO II Pro 6K . Which is near the same class as the Mavic. Thanks again GFields
You're most welcome. I wish I could afford the Max 4T :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143