Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Back At It

R.Perry

Reaction score
I had said I was going to retire when the UC Merced project ended. Well I picked up another small Ag job that is taking very little work but a lot of travel. Multivista just hired me back for a fifteen mile water line project that needs to be mapped, and photographed. Mapping in half mile segments pre-excavation, during excavation, post water inline installation prior to covering, then final once lines are covered. Remote area as long as the tree hungers don't fine some endangered bug.
It just amazes me how fast the various construction companies are hiring companies like the group I work with to document their construction progress, and what they are willing to pay for the service is outstanding. The Sacramento water resources board now employs four full time drone pilots to video the cannels and aqueduct system.
My point to all this is you young pilots I believe really have a future in this business, much more than I first anticipated, As BigA once said, "We are in the wild west drone days".

Welcome "back" RP. Truth be known I had a strong suspicion you'd get back into it sir.

I got a young guy lives south of me and I hope to give him some of the Ag work I'm doing, don't like the six to eight hours of travel days.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roy thellmann