Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Backup Drone

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I just bought another I1V2 as a field backup for Thermal jobs. I often see folks that are selling I1s have two controllers. Is the second controller used for training for the RPIC when someone new is on the sticks? Are folks using that second slave as a way to output screen to another device for say, an Incident Commander to view at Emergency Response scene?

Also, my Insurance carrier wants to add another $350 for the second hull. I stated I was declaring a "0" value for hull replacement on the second, just wanted the payload and liability coverage. Is that common. After all, I am only licensed to fly one at a time, and the only one on the Policy

I just bought another I1V2 as a field backup for Thermal jobs. I often see folks that are selling I1s have two controllers. Is the second controller used for training for the RPIC when someone new is on the sticks? Are folks using that second slave as a way to output screen to another device for say, an Incident Commander to view at Emergency Response scene?

Also, my Insurance carrier wants to add another $350 for the second hull. I stated I was declaring a "0" value for hull replacement on the second, just wanted the payload and liability coverage. Is that common. After all, I am only licensed to fly one at a time, and the only one on the Policy
Except your insurance carrier will no doubt want serial numbers.
Hull cover would also cover theft (or attempted theft) presumably.

The second remote is used as a slave to control the camera on a two man set up.

Yes, you are correct, theft is covered. I guess you get what you pay for. Insurance is like Lawers, you hate them until you need them, then you are singing the "High Praise".

Got it on the second controller. So if configured properly, stick control is limited gimbal movement. And I could use as an inexpensive way to share screen if the second controller for DHMI output to a viewing screen?

Yes, you are correct, theft is covered. I guess you get what you pay for. Insurance is like Lawers, you hate them until you need them, then you are singing the "High Praise".

Got it on the second controller. So if configured properly, stick control is limited gimbal movement. And I could use as an inexpensive way to share screen if the second controller for DHMI output to a viewing screen?
Stick control on the slave is total free movement on the gimbal - it has no flight commands assigned to it (that would be suicide).

Yes you could use the slave as a crude output for a monitoring device feeding a monitor via HDMI.
However, a more robust solution is to run a long cable from the main remote and enable simultaneous HDMI output within the app.

Reactions: TreeLineView
Once you use the 2-person setup for cinematography it's hard to go back. Granted it takes some practice to get you and the Payload Operator (Camera Person) to get in synced but once you do it's so much easier and smoother. If you have an FPV camera on the Inspire it makes it so nice .....

For Thermal operations I don't know that it would be worth the hassle but having the 2nd Tx for additional HDMI output is a plus.

We sold our Inspire and the Dual Operator set-up is one thing I miss. I know it can be done with my H520 but I only have a single Tx and it's not worth buying the extra unit to me anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164