Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Battery charging and video streaming

haveblue

Reaction score
Hello.

I work for a public agency and we are trying to solve a couple of problems that we run into when we deploy our drones.
Some of our deployments can be very long and we are looking for a way to charge our TB55 batteries for our Matrice 210. I came across some products that I wanted feedback on, or I want to find out if there is another solution.

Here are the links to the products I found:

DJI Battery Station for TB55 & TB50 Intelligent Batteries - Customized - Innovative UAS | Drones

DJI Chargers - Colorado Drone Chargers

V-Box by Volarious

Anyone here ever use any of these? We also have the TB50 batteries, but we will be phasing them out. Considering that the Matrice V2 does not accept the TB50, anyone know if they are planning on releasing a new charging station similar to the TB50 charging station?

Second problem. Anyone on here have a recommendation on a live streaming product with a LOW latency. Minimum of 2 maybe 3 seconds. The simpler the better. DJI flight Hub?

Thanks,
Anthony

I work for a public agency and we are trying to solve a couple of problems that we run into when we deploy our drones.
Some of our deployments can be very long and we are looking for a way to charge our TB55 batteries for our Matrice 210. I came across some products that I wanted feedback on, or I want to find out if there is another solution.

Here are the links to the products I found:

DJI Battery Station for TB55 & TB50 Intelligent Batteries - Customized - Innovative UAS | Drones

DJI Chargers - Colorado Drone Chargers

V-Box by Volarious

Thanks,
Anthony

IMO, if you are going to continue to deploy the TB50 along with the TB55s then you want to use the Innovative UAS charger. Otherwise, I did not notice if the V-Box had the controller charging capability so I would go with either the first or second choice above. You need to charge your controllers in the field as well for extended ops. You also need the ability to charge you display unit of choice as well, so make sure one or the other can handle that as well.

For anyone involved in operations that take them away from their bases for days or more at a time I strongly suggest obtaining a portable, multi output generator for a charging station power source. Avoid the stylish or trendy products as they are very limiting by design.

A generator can be employed to provide electrical power to other tools or appliances while also dealing with flight system battery charging. The brand specific multirotor products cannot, and their service lives are much shorter for the money spent.

Reactions: Alexey Dobrovolskiy
For anyone involved in operations that take them away from their bases for days or more at a time I strongly suggest obtaining a portable, multi output generator for a charging station power source. Avoid the stylish or trendy products as they are very limiting by design.

A generator can be employed to provide electrical power to other tools or appliances while also dealing with flight system battery charging. The brand specific multirotor products cannot, and their service lives are much shorter for the money spent.
Totally agree. Nothing can replace good generator in the field..

If you are looking for an automated solution for drone charging as well drone video streaming you can try out ready to use solution- FlytNow.

You can check out this video for more:

for the drone charging reach out to them, they have a very cost effective solution for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy