Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Battery Woes

I only get one flight out of an iPad before it goes south. Between the heat and the humidity, electronics here don't stand a chance.
I usually use an box-type iPad shade, but in the summertime even that is not enough, and I have to and cool the iPad next to my car A/C vents after a couple of flights. One day I forgot the shade, and had to use the iPad by itself in the sun. Apart from having difficulty seeing the screen in the sun, the iPad got so hot it quit working halfway through the first flight. Now the iPad shade is on my checklist.

I usually use an box-type iPad shade, but in the summertime even that is not enough, and I have to and cool the iPad next to my car A/C vents after a couple of flights. One day I forgot the shade, and had to use the iPad by itself in the sun. Apart from having difficulty seeing the screen in the sun, the iPad got so hot it quit working halfway through the first flight. Now the iPad shade is on my checklist.
I know it might be really uncomfortable to hold, but I wonder if you could put cooling fins on the backside of the iPad...

Oh here you go, kind of expensive though:

Active Cooling Mount for iPad Air/Pro 9.7" Amazon.com: Active Cooling Mount for iPad Air/Pro 9.7": GPS & Navigation

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker