Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Best drone companies to sign up with?

MCW LLC

Reaction score
I'm interested in Mapping, Thermal, and inspection work.

What companies are best to sign up with for these types of roles?

Thank you

Reactions: MCW LLC
yes, part 107 and renewed, I am very well trained already in photogrammetry, laying GCPS and Check Points, Thermal and RGB inspection, and so on.
Thank you for the links, anything else would be much appreciated Sir

Reactions: MikeA
Multivista requires all their drone pilots to take the week long course at Avion in Huntsville, AL, they pay all expenses.

Reactions: MCW LLC
That's very cool!, but I can not take a week off work as this is my side hustle

That's very cool!, but I can not take a week off work as this is my side hustle

If you get in with MV it could make a big difference in your long-term. It might be worth while to "invest" a week of training.

It's going to be hard to get into the "Big $$" as a side gig while trying to maintain a local 9-5 job.

Multivista also sells exclusive operational areas as a franchise. It looks like Las Vegas /Nevada is one.
You could reach out to the franchisee to see what they say.

I suppose I recommend them because I have enjoyed working with them as a contractor for about four years now.
Yes you can do better digging up your own gigs, but you you work for them you will learn a lot. Not only that they now have a nation wide account with T-Mobile. I've only done one T-Mobile site for them and I don't have the cell tower training that is really needed.
They have a lot going for them beyond UAV work, they do ground photography for construction. The also setup and maintain fixed position security cameras.
As for the Avion school, it is top notch, the instructors are ex military with wide range of knowledge, I learned a lot in that week long class. The only draw back was they also take you the training to get your 107 license, so that part was pretty boring for me. But the hands on that amounted to about 50% of the class time was outstanding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143