Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

By mistake....On purpose....Evo 2 Pro

Hawaii Drone Imaging

Reaction score
Website
www.hawaiidroneimaging.com
Hello all. Just wanted to share a little info on something I noticed with the EVO 2 app and iPhones. Randomly, I would take off with full video and after I do my hover checks to make sure everything is ok, I'd get 100-200ft away and I'd lose video transmission. I still would have complete control of the aircraft though. I then would have to land, restart the drone and app then take off again. This time I would maintain video, but after a minute or 2, my iPhone 8 Plus screen would go dim to a point that it was hard for me to see my images correctly. ?

After trying several methods, I just happen to decide to turn off the phones "Auto-lock" setting in the display preferences. I had it set to lock my phone after one minute of no use. Guess what....I don't lose connection, nor does my screen dim anymore. I guess the EVO app doesn't override the lock function of the phone while in operation. Maybe I'm late to the party with this information, as I have searched and didn't see any mention of it. Anyway, hope this helps any of you others experiencing similar issues. Have a great holiday weekend and stay safe!! ??????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905