Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Calling up a flight log in the field

MapMaker53

Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Hey guys, I've read instances where a drone operator is harassed by a property owner while flying and then shows his flight log to the police when they show up to prove he wasn't flying anywhere near the person's property. Can anyone explain to me how one goes about pulling up a flight log in the field from their tablet which shows the recorded flight path? I just want to know how to do this in case such a situation arises. Does it depend on the flight software? I generally use Litchi and an iPad for my flights. Thanks.

btw... I realize I can generally fly where I want in the airspace. I'd rather first show my flight log map to the police to defuse the situation, and then engage in an FAA regulations discussion to educate everyone afterwards.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Short of being able to call up a flight log, I can always just screen record the flight and save it to my photos to be played on the spot if questioned by authoritiy. I think that will now become my normal procedure for every flight, just for my peace of mind. I have also recently purchased a small body cam that will record any confrontation that may occur. The world is getting crazy and I'm getting older -- and admittedly maybe a bit more paranoid because of it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Short of being able to call up a flight log, I can always just screen record the flight and save it to my photos to be played on the spot if questioned by authoritiy. I think that will now become my normal procedure for every flight, just for my peace of mind. I have also recently purchased a small body cam that will record any confrontation that may occur. The world is getting crazy and I'm getting older -- and admittedly maybe a bit more paranoid because of it.
Interestingly, here in rural Washington, I used to get approached all the time, from 2015 through about 2020, by "concerned" citizens . Now, not so much. It seems like a lot more people realize that drones are just tools like anything else. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Hey guys, I've read instances where a drone operator is harassed by a property owner while flying and then shows his flight log to the police when they show up to prove he wasn't flying anywhere near the person's property. Can anyone explain to me how one goes about pulling up a flight log in the field from their tablet which shows the recorded flight path? I just want to know how to do this in case such a situation arises. Does it depend on the flight software? I generally use Litchi and an iPad for my flights. Thanks.

btw... I realize I can generally fly where I want in the airspace. I'd rather first show my flight log map to the police to defuse the situation, and then engage in an FAA regulations discussion to educate everyone afterwards.
Maybe this attached info may help: Retrieve the Flight Record Log File from DJI Drones | Remote GeoSystems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143