Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Can I use DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to record GCPs?

aerialprospex

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am doing my research on RTK and mapping. This is probably a basic stuff but can I record GCPs with the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station? If not, what do I need other than the actual squares to record GCPs?

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am doing my research on RTK and mapping. This is probably a basic stuff but can I record GCPs with the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station? If not, what do I need other than the actual squares to record GCPs?

Thanks!

If you don't have a base station to correct the data stream in real time, then you could set control with a handheld GPS unit like a Trimble but they run around $16,000 each with a mapping package. You could also look into the Propeller Aeropoints which are solar powered self contained GPS units. They are sold in groups of ten which is usually enough to stake out a few hundred acres. Last time I checked they ran around 6300.00 for the set.

Reactions: aerialprospex
If I get the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Base Station can I connect the Reach RS as a rover? The Reach RS is usually bought in a pair and you set one as base the other as rover. Theoretically I should be able to just buy one and connect it to my DJI base station, right?

If I get the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Base Station can I connect the Reach RS as a rover? The Reach RS is usually bought in a pair and you set one as base the other as rover. Theoretically I should be able to just buy one and connect it to my DJI base station, right?

I use a base station to correct in real time. It is set up on a surveyed point so I am certain of exactly where the base station is located. We have four monuments set on the property that I can set up on depending upon what stage or the project I need to collect. With that setup I can generate low centimeter moderate millimeter accuracy. Even given that accuracy, I still set control points (or more accurately check points) to confirm that the numbers I am generating match reality. If you are not producing georeferenced packages and the physical accuracy is not that much of an issue, you can produce a spatially accurate product with a base station sans control. If you are needing a truly accurate map, you still need to be using control to backstop your work.

The accuracy required is dictated by the product produced. The cost for said product is driven by the accuracy required. More accuracy equals higher cost.

Reactions: aerialprospex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM