Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

CASA RePL and ReOC

Hi all,

I am based in Perth and got my RePL and AROC in Jan 2018 through Global Drone Solutions, I have done a two day Surveying and Mapping course also through GDS.

I also had assistance from Global Drone Solutions with my application for my ReOC which I was granted on the 28th June 2018, took me 3 and 1/2 weeks to get my ReOC approved and then a week for the Cert to be posted out to me.

I currently have a Mavic Pro and a Matrice 210 with a Zenmuse X5S

Attachments

• IMG_5879.jpg
    IMG_5879.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi all,

I am based in Perth and got my RePL and AROC in Jan 2018 through Global Drone Solutions, I have done a two Surveying and Mapping course also through GDS.

I also had assistance from Global Drone Solutions with my application for my ReOC which I was granted on the 28th June 2018, took me 3 and 1/2 weeks to get my ReOC approved and then a week for the Cert to be posted out to me.

I currently have a Mavic Pro and a Matrice 210 with a Zenmuse X5S
Did you do it online or in person?

Okay, I'm trying to figure out whether to go online or in person, a lot cheeper online but do you think you learnt more doing it in person?

Hell yeah, the course I did had a theory section then a practical session, you got to meet other like minded people and learn off each other. You also buddy up and fly your UAV for one battery and then the other person flys their UAV. Most practical sessions I would go through two batteries on my Mavic Pro when I did the course.

Don’t forget even if you do an online course you still have to do the practical exam and also rack up 5 hours minimum to get your RePL, this is also done as part of the 5 day course you also get your Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC)

Here’s a pic of me at Global Drone Solutions last day for the RePL course which was yesterday (Friday) I was a guest speaker explaining how I got into Drones and completed my RePL and now ReOC. I also took in my Matrice 210.

Attachments

• 5E1AD4BC-13A8-4241-A98F-1F86DEBC9B5C.jpeg
    5E1AD4BC-13A8-4241-A98F-1F86DEBC9B5C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello to all fellow Aussies,
I am based in Tassie and have both the required RePL and ReOC. The plan is to make realestate photography and video my bread and butter the market is going crazy here!
i have completed a few mapping missions and have a 100 acre property to map next week.
By far the largest expense has been acquiring the licences through CASA, a close second has been website build which is about to be finalised, add to that a new PC, logo, uniform, two way radios, stationary the list goes on. Insurance I have not taken the plunge on but $780 annually for 20 million public liability seems pretty good?
My advice to anyone is to stay as a hobbyist until you really need insurance, here in Tassie the dollars spent are hard to justify.

Hey Russell,

I have also gotten my RePL early this year and I also got my ReOC on the 28th June this year, I have also done a Survey & Mapping course to get better at mapping and how to quote. I already had a website for another online business that I closed the shop last year - The EDC Zone - Everyday Carry Zone, which I changed to Elevated Drone Control Zone - EDCZ, so that wasn't to bad, I currently use WIX as it is easy to use and its not to pricy. I designed the logo myself and have recently gotten a Polo shirt and a Hoodie done with the logo, I also got a Orange Hi Vis Vest and Jumper done with my logo and Chief UAV Pilot.

In reference to your insurance is that just for Public Liability? or does it also include theft or damage? Just that some of the prices I have received here in Perth range from $998 for 12 & half Mill cover only to $2500 - $2850 for 20 Mil. with full cover for theft and damage. Wife not to pleased with that, however I do own a Matrice 210, what drone are you using to do the Real Estate and Mapping? I have used my Mavic Pro to do some aerial shots for my kids school, and I am organising to go back and do some mapping for them as the need a Topographical map for their Cadets to do Orienteering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM