Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Comprehensive List of State Certification Requirements—-in addition to 107 of course?

SWA Pilot

Reaction score
I’ve looked around the internet a bit. Is there a current comprehensive list of state licenses/certifications/permits for commercial UAS listed anywhere? Not looking for special waivers..just basic commercial operations. I know North Carolina has a permit requirement. Others? Primarily looking in/around North Carolina and Texas. Thanks.

I’ve looked around the internet a bit. Is there a current comprehensive list of state licenses/certifications/permits for commercial UAS listed anywhere? Not looking for special waivers..just basic commercial operations. I know North Carolina has a permit requirement. Others? Primarily looking in/around North Carolina and Texas. Thanks.
This site is a great collection of regs and laws. US Drone Laws (2019) - Drone Laws by State.

Reactions: SWA Pilot
I believe that North Carolina is the only state requiring a permit at this time. Because we fly around the country we were required to get NC, My main job we fly in North Carolina a bunch. We also do emergency response and contract support all over the US. In the meeting last week they mentioned that currently NC is the only state requiring licensing, but they are expecting more in the near future. I would suggest vigilant research just to be safe though.

I believe that North Carolina is the only state requiring a permit at this time. Because we fly around the country we were required to get NC, My main job we fly in North Carolina a bunch. We also do emergency response and contract support all over the US. In the meeting last week they mentioned that currently NC is the only state requiring licensing, but they are expecting more in the near future. I would suggest vigilant research just to be safe though.
Kind of what I was thinking....I venture over stare lines also. The sites that proclaim “Comprehensive UAS laws” are only as good as when they were last updated. ... And 2 years it a long time UAS time.

I am unaware of any permit requirements for Texas. The above statute you really need to know though.

Reactions: SWA Pilot
That is a very interesting (disturbing) law.... so if I go rent a full scale airplane, grab my Nikon camera (with much better zoom lens) and go do the same thing, all is OK?
Why would you want to? Would you be so flippant if someone was taking pictures of you in your backyard? Or your wife? Or maybe your kids? Grow up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV