Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Contracts

Guardian44

Reaction score
I'm starting out in the commercial drone business, and I'm wondering where everyone gets their contract language from. Do you have a lawyer draw up a general one? DId you "borrow" yours from another pilot? Are there samples online? Do you just modify a general services contract?

My career has been in public service, not the business world, so that's the part I clearly am going to have to learn!

Thanks!

There are reams of various contract templates available from the web. Two types, photography and service, will effectively handle most situations. You may want or need to make some changes to specify the work to be done. Don’t forget to add a payment schedule.

Reactions: BigAl07
^^^^^^^^ @PatR hit on one of the biggest over sights for new businesses. If you don't clearly define payment options and terms then how in the world can you expect a client to know how/when to pay.

We took several different examples, combined them to meet our needs, and then let an attorney "Tweak" them. Money well spent.

.....We took several different examples, combined them to meet our needs, and then let an attorney "Tweak" them. Money well spent......

^^^^THIS

Whatever your source(s), before using your new contracts hire a local lawyer to go over them and “harden” them for your local jurisdiction. Any reasonably competent lawyer can shred an Internet Contract. A local attorney will know the legalease language required for the area you operate.

I paid an attorney to harden all my legal forms: contracts, digital rights license, print rights license, releases..... money well spent and they did make some pretty significant changes.

Reactions: R.Perry and BigAl07
Word to the wise: a handshake on a deal with someone you can trust is far better than an ironclad signed contract with a crook. If the crook is a deadbeat, no lawsuit over a contract will ever get you paid. Choose your clients carefully, and manage expectations, so they stay happy, and want to pay you! Chasing money you earned but didn't get paid for is often a lost cause. The lawyers will happily take your money, but know when to walk away, too. Crooks also often appear in sheep's clothing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905