Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Covid 19 disinfecting Indoors

Bireland

Reaction score
I was wondering what drones and software would be best for disinfecting /spraying indoors or outdoor against Covid 19.How would mapping work indoors or would you just manually fly and spray the area.Has there been many companies offering great his service.
Regards

I was wondering what drones and software would be best for disinfecting /spraying indoors or outdoor against Covid 19.How would mapping work indoors or would you just manually fly and spray the area.Has there been many companies offering great his service.
Regards

Before you attempt indoor flight I would strongly suggest that you have many hours of flight time without any of the normal safety features enabled. No P-GPS mode. No GPS signal is going to be available inside a building. You are going to have to fly the aircraft manually and expect a serious degradation of controllability. If you do not have many hours of flight in a confined space, it is ill-advised to attempt doing so.

Many thanks R Martin for your reply,I know that eaglehawk are advertising their anti Covid spraying for sports stadiums,they may still get GPS in the open areas of the stadium?.
Kind regards bireland

Reactions: R Martin
Many thanks R Martin for your reply,I know that eaglehawk are advertising their anti Covid spraying for sports stadiums,they may still get GPS in the open areas of the stadium?.
Kind regards bireland
We sold Eagle Hawk their spraying drone (DJI MG-1P) and they heavily modified it for indoor use and continuous spraying. From what I can tell they are using LiDAR and possibly an RTK set up for indoor positioning. Drone-Enabled Disinfectant Spraying — EagleHawk

Kind regards bireland

My experience has been that you can count on the unexpected happening. I made an assumption once and it bit me hard. Don't repeat my mistake. If you don't have considerable experience flying by hand and sight alone with no safety net, don't charge in like a bull in a china shop.

Something else to think about... It may be a year or two before a COVID vaccine is widely distributed. Maybe less. At that point, there may not be as much concern regarding the virus, at least here in the States. Personally, I would think twice about starting up a business and investing a lot of money in equipment based on something society is hoping to get past. And then there is the likelihood of businesses and sports completely shutting down again in the event of a second and worse COVID surge around the country, just based on the defiant behavior of some of the population, as locations begin to open back up. It presents too much unknown for me to invest my money in.

Reactions: R Martin
Something else to think about... It may be a year or two before a COVID vaccine is widely distributed. Maybe less. At that point, there may not be as much concern regarding the virus, at least here in the States. Personally, I would think twice about starting up a business and investing a lot of money in equipment based on something society is hoping to get past. And then there is the likelihood of businesses and sports completely shutting down again in the event of a second and worse COVID surge around the country, just based on the defiant behavior of some of the population, as locations begin to open back up. It presents too much unknown for me to invest my money in.
Thanks your your words of advice,there is a lot to think of not least the difficult and challenging conditions
Manyou thanks
BIRELAND

My experience has been that you can count on the unexpected happening. I made an assumption once and it bit me hard. Don't repeat my mistake. If you don't have considerable experience flying by hand and sight alone with no safety net, don't charge in like a bull in a china shop.
Wise words indeed,,thanks?

as a spray drone manufacturer , we don't suggest to fly the spray drone indoors. The GPS signal is too weak ,the drone will crash and even hurt you .

as a spray drone manufacturer , we don't suggest to fly the spray drone indoors. The GPS signal is too weak ,the drone will crash and even hurt you .
Thanks for the advice?

Reactions: AGR drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM