Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Crystal Sky and Map Question

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I am planning out a mapping mission in Mission Planner on my CrystalSky. The site is a 50 acre Solar Farm which I normally break up into several smaller missions. The crystal sky is using map box and the the site is not on the image. The site is over 6 years old and on google maps. Is there a free mission planner that I can create the KML files on now so I don't have to waste that time in the field manually mapping it out

go through the steps to add litchi on the Crystalsky, that way you can do your mission planning at home before you go out, but also you can make adjustments in the field if necessary. If you are doing an actually mapping plan you will need Pix4D, its not as easy to load onto the CS, but it is doable.

Reactions: skiptv
Mission planner works great for mapping missions. I fly it all the time. My Client sends me the rough KML file, I import, add the overlap and height settings and tweak. My issue was the map they sent on that particular request had an old image, so I could not see the Array. i needed to re-create 4 smaller missions as it was over 30 acres. I guess my question should have been, is there a way to change the map on the Crystal sky to use Goolge instead. The Client sent another KML file with the Solar Array in it. I was able to successfully fly the 8 missions last weekend

Mission planner works great for mapping missions. I fly it all the time. My Client sends me the rough KML file, I import, add the overlap and height settings and tweak. My issue was the map they sent on that particular request had an old image, so I could not see the Array. i needed to re-create 4 smaller missions as it was over 30 acres. I guess my question should have been, is there a way to change the map on the Crystal sky to use Goolge instead. The Client sent another KML file with the Solar Array in it. I was able to successfully fly the 8 missions last weekend
when it comes to maps we will always be at the mercy of the big boys (google...) in some areas their maps may only be 6 months old, but in others it may be up to 18-2yrs old. GIS work/programs can overlay your recent flights over existing maps using KML files (If I have this correctly). Program like DroneDeploy files can be exported into a GIS system.

I guess my question should have been, is there a way to change the map on the Crystal sky to use Goolge instead. The Client sent another KML file with the Solar Array in it. I was able to successfully fly the 8 missions last weekend
Follow the procedure to get google map on your CrystalSky monitor. I Have google maps on mine with the occasional google store not working or something to that effect pop up...it can easily be deleted from screen and seems to be less frequent when connected to a hotspot.

Again there is some caveats: the occasional pop up and having to up load the measure app (which I don’t use). Works great.

9EEC9D10-7EFF-44EE-8E64-CAF2C04ED45F.jpeg

Reactions: Recoveryone
How do you Get the procedure to get google map on your CrystalSky monitor

Make sure you're not worried about warranty issues. Crystal Sky is basically an android tablet with DJI factory-installed apps.
Adding anything will be considered a "hack". Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV