Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Data Storage and Metadata

Nitz

Reaction score
How do you manage all your drone data?
Also, does anyone have any tips on metadata to help organize the data as well.

Thanks,

I make a folder with the date on it. ALL flights for that day go into separate folders that are names by the business or a subject of the flight. I probably need to do better, but I'm really small right now. I use dropbox for 1 or 2 photo deliverables, but for video and multiple pictures, I usually hand deliver on a thumbdrive. My system is dirt-simple, but I don't have a lot of clients at the moment. I will have to re-evalate my system at a later date if and when business pics up.

For still photos we have helped people get organized using Lightroom's cataloging function and introducing key words for searching. The main structure is developed around physical addresses first as its easier to look up a job address than remember which client you were working for at a particular site. Older jobs get moved to remote storage but still exist in the catalog system so all you need to do to revisit and old job is to reconnect the media it is stored on. There is a lot more to it than that, but hopefully that is the type of info you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to us if you want to chat further about other options.

Reactions: Nitz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter