Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Did I miss something?

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I just got this today when I was prepping for some flights today. Looks like the synch feature will be re-set to "Disabled" and in Mid July it will be removed as an option all together. Existing synched data will no longer be accessible in the cloud, but you can still use a third party apps to access and pull data from the controller. Thumbnail pics Will also no longer be saved on the controller. This will only apply to the USA right now. If you take your drone outside the USA the functionality will be available. If you fly in the USA and then go outside the USA, that data will still not be available. Is this DJI scrambling to get ahead of the horrible Drone bills plowing through the House now?

Attachments

• IMG_3110 copy.png
    IMG_3110 copy.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 17
I just got this today when I was prepping for some flights today. Looks like the synch feature will be re-set to "Disabled" and in Mid July it will be removed as an option all together. Existing synched data will no longer be accessible in the cloud, but you can still use a third party apps to access and pull data from the controller. Thumbnail pics Will also no longer be saved on the controller. This will only apply to the USA right now. If you take your drone outside the USA the functionality will be available. If you fly in the USA and then go outside the USA, that data will still not be available. Is this DJI scrambling to get ahead of the horrible Drone bills plowing through the House now?
Possibly a move by DJI to argue that they are not receiving data from USA users that could considered a security risk.

From the phantom website discussion
Have not seen anything yet on the Mavic site.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeLineView
Each and every one of us needs to write to our elected officials and oppose this business-crushing, geopolitical BS.

Reactions: WhiskeyRomeo
I saw this news a couple of days ago.

It hurts me because for both my Public Safety job and my own fleet, I always log and track all flights for various reasons.
This will make it a bit harder for the Public Safety job. We are preparing to get a COA that has monthly reporting requirements and this will only make this a bit different and a bit harder to do.
We use Drone Logbook/SafetyDrone RMS and will now have to use their Android app to pull the logs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMDronePro