Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Different to US Bans, UK Ministry ofDefense continues to buy DJI Drones

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Found this Jun 6th Article interesting.
Not accepting the "unproven claims by US", and acknowledging that DJI continues to produce superior platforms.

Personally, I've felt the unsubstantiated claims have been more political & market control driven than security.

You can say the title as "different to US bans, US continues to buy DJI drones"... fbi, secret service and homeland security appear to still be buying and using them..

Yes it is very political. Noone complains about the data Google, Face book, Instagram etc capture and use, but say DJI "could" acquire this data, never proven to, and that's why it's a security risk. Oh and those US companies that do this, will sell the data to the highest bidder, so it isn't safe at all.

You can say the title as "different to US bans, US continues to buy DJI drones"... fbi, secret service and homeland security appear to still be buying and using them..

Yes it is very political. Noone complains about the data Google, Face book, Instagram etc capture and use, but say DJI "could" acquire this data, never proven to, and that's why it's a security risk. Oh and those US companies that do this, will sell the data to the highest bidder, so it isn't safe at all.
Agree, I've stated similar in past. Additionally, Military continues to purchase despite statements/general policy to ban... any special task can purchase as needed... and DJI is one.

Humorously, I've never understood the logic that a drone is more threat than all the data collection devices made or includes "the feared" Chinese parts that are on-line 24x7 and accessible to more sensitive areas. Cell Phones, Cameras, Tablets, TV's, etc.

Walk into any Govt Area for Public... allowed or not, notice all the phones. More phones capturing data everywhere, and always connected to cellular & internet. Not to many sensitive areas a drone can be flown... and drones are online for maybe 20 minutes a few times a day. Govt locations, State locations, Schools, Parks, Malls, etc... all the video and GPS data able to be collected 24x7 that provides a lot more "Information" than a Drone flight.

Conference Rooms, etc... all the cameras & mics on multiple devices sitting in various rooms... and no, they're not turned off, deactivated or blocked consistently.

Plus, last time I checked... Congress even voted down the Ban acts after some States jumped on it to limit DJI purchases.

That's because the UK doesn't have the same idiots in charge (on both sides) as we do here. It's all about punishing China, and how if affects drone businesses here isn't taken into account.

And this is not a political post, it's a fact. I've spoken with legislators in D.C. about this (also on both sides), as well as the current administration. They just don't understand what this will do to the American drone industry.

Reactions: dronecyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter