Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI FLY SAFE PANIC. PLEASE HELP

ttb3526

Reaction score
I'm a part 107 and M2P pilot. I have been flying a construction site every month for three straight months now. Each morning I get up do the DJI Fly safe unlock and have never had a problem.

It does have a 400ft ceiling, so I also do a LAANC request and I'm approved every time.

This morning I did the same thing and was denied (VIA DJI). I looked at my entry thinking I typed something wrong. I didn't, so I did it again, DENIED stated DJI: "The requested area overlaps the grey altitude zone(60m ceilings), please reduce the flight height below 60m or submit your authorization to fly at the designated height."

Two more tries with photos of Part 107 license, pictures of the LAANC map and denied.

I looked back in my history and all the previous request that were previously approved now show Red and Denied??

So the panic, I'm due to go there this morning and fly the site.

Did something change with Fly Safe in the last three weeks.

Any idea how to dispute a DJI denial, that looks impossible on a Saturday if not any day of the week.

I know I'm a newbie on the forum, but I have been a silent reader of this forum since March 2020 when Covid introduced me to the drone life!:)

Any help on a Saturday morning I know is asking a lot, but this is my $baby customer!

I'm a part 107 and M2P pilot. I have been flying a construction site every month for three straight months now. Each morning I get up do the DJI Fly safe unlock and have never had a problem.

It does have a 400ft ceiling, so I also do a LAANC request and I'm approved every time.

This morning I did the same thing and was denied (VIA DJI). I looked at my entry thinking I typed something wrong. I didn't, so I did it again, DENIED stated DJI: "The requested area overlaps the grey altitude zone(60m ceilings), please reduce the flight height below 60m or submit your authorization to fly at the designated height."

Two more tries with photos of Part 107 license, pictures of the LAANC map and denied.

I looked back in my history and all the previous request that were previously approved now show Red and Denied??

Any idea how to dispute a DJI denial, that looks impossible on a Saturday if not any day of the week.

I know I'm a newbie on the forum, but I have been a silent reader of this forum since March 2020 when Covid introduced me to the drone life!:)

Any help on a Saturday morning I know is asking a lot, but this is my $baby customer!
Any TFR's in your area? At the top right corner you can look at different current conditions under "Layers"

Last edited:

Have you tried sending them an email with proof that you have LAANC authorization and the Lat/Long location? I have had some issues recently related to Flysafe and they were surprisingly quick to respond. Within a few hours on a weekend

Good Morning,

Thank you both for your responses.

Weird spin, but first.

67420H: Good call for the information on the TFRs. There are none.

Treeline View: 1. I had not thought of screen shoting the LAANC approval and sending it as a attachment with my 107! Add that to my list. 2. When you say you had issues and they responded, where did you call or email?

So here is the weird twist. About 2 hours or so after I sent my message on the forum, I decided to try one more time for approval of course out of desperation and panic. This time I wrote a long winding dissertation on them previously approving it with dates ect and it was approved.

I'm not sure what's going on because, I really don't know does a human actually read what we type, or is it computer automated?

Thanks again for the input

Good Morning,

Thank you both for your responses.

Weird spin, but first.

67420H: Good call for the information on the TFRs. There are none.

Treeline View: 1. I had not thought of screen shoting the LAANC approval and sending it as a attachment with my 107! Add that to my list. 2. When you say you had issues and they responded, where did you call or email?

So here is the weird twist. About 2 hours or so after I sent my message on the forum, I decided to try one more time for approval of course out of desperation and panic. This time I wrote a long winding dissertation on them previously approving it with dates ect and it was approved.

I'm not sure what's going on because, I really don't know does a human actually read what we type, or is it computer automated?

Thanks again for the input
@ttb3526 I emailed [email protected]. My experience is that support monitors that mailbox 24x7 and they did respond within a couple hours when I indicated it was impacting my business. My initial issue I thought was related to what I thought was an incorrect lockdown of an old airport. Their initial response was that it takes time for them to update USA Airspace. I thought the conversation was going nowhere. I replied that ARGIS UAS Facility map did not have the airport at my location and it was impacting my business. The replied within 4 Hours on a weekend and said to send the Lat/Long numbers and they would issue an unlock. I was a bit surprised.

I could be wrong but I think DJI has given the Fly Safe a update recently. Also maybe I have just noticed but flysafe-website-fe you can login and create and manage your unlock request. I have also recently gotten denied for something previously approved. I was told no more than 30nm for a area radius and up to a year approval without documentation. As @TreeLineView has said DJI has always responded very quickly and help me accomplish my goals.

All the more reason not to fly DJI products, or if, like me, you think they make the best equipment; bight the bullet and run the unlock mod on at least one of the birds in your fleet. I tried Autel Evo 2, but have gone back to an unlocked P4A for work in TFR areas. I always get a FAA waiver prior to flying. That has always been much easier than trying to get unlock codes from DJI and having them not work at critical times.

@SandCop I will knock on wood but I have never had a issue with any unlock from DJI, maybe just my area. Ok, I did not turn one off once and couldn't figure out what was keeping the bird grounded until I realized my mistake.
I have went the route you are suggesting before on a few M2's and after a needed update it wasn't usable anymore so in my mind it wasn't moneys well spent.
I now just use DJI custom unlock for each bird and have every zone within a 150 mile radius unlocked for a year. I just select the zone I need and away I go. Time will tell, so I will knock on wood once again.

The only DJI I'm flying is a Mavic 2 Pro...what is this "mod" you suggest?

(The I2 has been in San Antonio for 2 months now)
Check nolimitdronez.com see if your drone is on their bird map which shows which which DJI aircraft their mod works on. Read all of their information before you make the mod. You might also check Accelerated Heights You Tube channel and watch his videos on the No Limit Dronez mods. You might also want to check other on line sources before you run the mod. I have not had any problems so far and I have been using it for over a year, but some folks have had issues.

@SandCop I will knock on wood but I have never had a issue with any unlock from DJI, maybe just my area. Ok, I did not turn one off once and couldn't figure out what was keeping the bird grounded until I realized my mistake.
I have went the route you are suggesting before on a few M2's and after a needed update it wasn't usable anymore so in my mind it wasn't moneys well spent.
I now just use DJI custom unlock for each bird and have every zone within a 150 mile radius unlocked for a year. I just select the zone I need and away I go. Time will tell, so I will knock on wood once again.
Once you make the mods you can not run any DJI updates. I have mine set to never touch any DJI servers, ever. Plus I never even have DJI aps installed on any of my devices. I fly with Litchi or Map Pilot Pro. You can apparently roll the firmware back to its original and then run the firmware updates, and then reinstall the mod, but I have never tried that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM