Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI GEO 2.0 - now new problems

philsmith76

Reaction score
So now Geo2.0 is out what does this mean?
"Altitude Zones: Altitude zones will appear in gray on the map. Users receive warnings in DJI GO, or DJI GO 4 and flight altitude is limited." when you click into theses areas you are presented with a Altitude number is this Feet or Meters? Why does the runway boundries extend so far past the airspace on the sectionals?

I fly a monthly construction job that is free and clear of a class e airport where I take a overhead shot of the site at about 500 feet (within 400' lateral of a 300' building) so now I look at DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and it looks like they have this location in a "Altitude 120" zone? Are these unlockable areas? I would prefer DJI stay out of us 107 operators business.Untitled.jpg

update...i heard back from dji.
"We have 2 kinds of Altitude Zones ,60 meters ,and 120 meters .So the number is in meters"
"DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography is according to AIRMAP and designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, not to match any particular set of regulations that apply to a certain user. If you need to unlock any altitude zone ,please submit custom unlocking online with authorization....if you have encountered an 120 meters Altitude Zone ,and you need to fly over 120 meters ,then please submit an custom unlocking"

So the geo2 goes beyond what the faa requirements are. I wish they would have the ability for 107 pilots to override all this garbage. Requiring a dji approval to fly in a class g airspace seems to be a big over reach.

Last edited:
Yep, here where I live they've overstepped the boundaries of a small, non-controlled airport just over 5 miles away. Now I have to go far south or east to fly. And yet, they completely ignore a small non-controlled airport that is extremely active with two flight schools just 10 miles away. Go figure.

I was looking at a class D airport. The runway altitude zone of 200’ extends OUTSIDE of the class D. The. If you move CLOSER to the same runway threshold laanc will give you up to 400’. This seems like a real messy system.

Reactions: DavidNDC
so if you have a job that you think is clear to fly better check the ( DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography ) first and check if you will need to get a dji unlock before you get there and realize your stuck. Especially if you have to fly above 400' near a structure. if you get laanc approval and you are in the altitude zone you will also need dji unlock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmcclure.wadnr