Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Geo Zone Question

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have a flight to collect data on a Solar Array in controlled airspace. I received a waiver for 200ft. My question is around geo unlock. I would guess because it is a "Red" zone on the Flysafe map, I have to submit my paperwork via the DJI site to get a flysafe unlock file. With that type of unlock, can I still fly an automated flight? Using mapper on Pilot app??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 6.21.24 AM.png
    764.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi TreeLineView,

I flew in red airspace in Martinsburg, WV. I did have to go through the DJI process submitting paperwork proving I had the authorization from the FAA. DJI unlocked for a specific date and for a couple days at a time, then I had to request each time online (they had the paperwork already). When flying under that unlock period my automated flying worked fine with Litchi, Autopilot, and DJIGo. This was in 2017-2018, so things may have changed...

You should have an email from DJI when it gets authorized, just reply to that email with your questions. You might have to wait a day (delayed because of China time) for a response.

Good luck,
Cleve

With DJI closing for a period of time as discussed in THIS thread in MavicPilots will that have any impact on getting unlock codes ?

Hi TreeLineView,

I flew in red airspace in Martinsburg, WV. I did have to go through the DJI process submitting paperwork proving I had the authorization from the FAA. DJI unlocked for a specific date and for a couple days at a time, then I had to request each time online (they had the paperwork already). When flying under that unlock period my automated flying worked fine with Litchi, Autopilot, and DJIGo. This was in 2017-2018, so things may have changed...

You should have an email from DJI when it gets authorized, just reply to that email with your questions. You might have to wait a day (delayed because of China time) for a response.

Good luck,
Cleve
thanks. I'll see what they say and give it a try

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker