Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Geofencing problems, use Airmap to control drone instead???

Woodward-Media

Reaction score
I have been trying endlessly to get DJI to authorize letting me fly in one of their authorization zones without success due to the fact that they claim that the controller number I am entering is incorrect. I have re checked it fourteen times and even tried submitting different characters in case it is reading a O as a 0 but nothing works. Can't reach them by phone or email and I am getting desperate as this would be the second time DJI screwed me with this client and they are now, due to Covid, my only income. If I lose then as a client I am in deep ****!

I have LANCC FAA approval but that is useless if I can't get DJI to authorize the flight, and it is coming up on Monday. Any Suggestions????

I have tried briefly to use the Airmap app to control my drone and it appears that will work BUT I can find no detailed information on how it works. There seem to be no controls for gimbal expression, no focus controls in video that I can find, not sure how to set return to home preferences etc so I am worried about using that app. I will however be testing it this afternoon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been caught many times driving out to the client site and not being able to fly. Having an FAA waiver and not being able to fly because of DJI. Sick and tired of a foreign country having control over my drone. I recently bought the Autel Evo 2 Pro- no more GEO fencing issues.

Reactions: Dave.mp4
I have been considering that option myself. I am concerned about the flight capabilities of the Autel though. I would love to know how it works out for you!

DJI did finally get back to me and I now have authorization but then the client moved the shoot back a day so it’s start over time and I may or may not be able to get it in time because I of course have to get FAA authorization and that took a few days.
Oh the joys of working for yourself!!!

I think that happened to me when I first started trying to figure out the GEO fencing problem. I had used the wrong serial number. You can also try a custom unlocking.
My new Autel Evo Pro has saved me many times. I get FAA waiver, unlock the GEO fencing, get to the site and cant fly my Phantom 4 Pro, thank goodness I bring the Autel as backup and fly the project.

I keep two birds on old FW without geofencing and one on current FW. Only way I can live with it

I have been trying endlessly to get DJI to authorize letting me fly in one of their authorization zones without success due to the fact that they claim that the controller number I am entering is incorrect. I have re checked it fourteen times and even tried submitting different characters in case it is reading a O as a 0 but nothing works. Can't reach them by phone or email and I am getting desperate as this would be the second time DJI screwed me with this client and they are now, due to Covid, my only income. If I lose then as a client I am in deep ****!

I have LANCC FAA approval but that is useless if I can't get DJI to authorize the flight, and it is coming up on Monday. Any Suggestions????

I have tried briefly to use the Airmap app to control my drone and it appears that will work BUT I can find no detailed information on how it works. There seem to be no controls for gimbal expression, no focus controls in video that I can find, not sure how to set return to home preferences etc so I am worried about using that app. I will however be testing it this afternoon.

SO, how did the test flight go with AIRMAP....I also thought LANCC was supposed to be with a quickness...

SO, how did the test flight go with AIRMAP....I also thought LANCC was supposed to be with a quickness...

i have to say I still find AirMap/LANCC a bit erratic in that I applied for permission for the same property on two different days and on One I was approved immediately and one took four days to approve. ?????? Weird .
I also had to get DJI to unlock the drone and I did finally manage that and I flew this morning and it went fine.
Also I disk test flying directly through AirMap And not turning on DJI go and found what seem to be a few issues. Don’t quote me on this as I need to test more.
Flying through Airmap
No way to set return to home height that I could find.
No anti collision at all. Appears to be turned off.
Controls worked similar but could not initiate yaw without a little jerk and no way I could find to adjust it.

Reactions: Kklix
i have to say I still find AirMap/LANCC a bit erratic in that I applied for permission for the same property on two different days and on One I was approved immediately and one took four days to approve. ?????? Weird .
I also had to get DJI to unlock the drone and I did finally manage that and I flew this morning and it went fine.
Also I disk test flying directly through AirMap And not turning on DJI go and found what seem to be a few issues. Don’t quote me on this as I need to test more.
Flying through Airmap
No way to set return to home height that I could find.
No anti collision at all. Appears to be turned off.
Controls worked similar but could not initiate yaw without a little jerk and no way I could find to adjust it.
SO, it doesnt sound to RELIABLE to use for flight control...

SO, it doesnt sound to RELIABLE to use for flight control...
I don’t have any idea how reliable it is. It seemed to work fine but I think it’s more accurate to say it seems to be very limited in its options.if those limitations are fine I would use it.

Try Litchi instead for photography-based work. Try either Drone Deploy or Pix4D Capture for mapping. In all instances, the DJI GO/GO4 app needs to beshut down before opening the other app. They don't play well together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905