Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI redefining flight?

The sad part is that I recognize one of those guys, I do like how this shows you how many times they tried the same move and failed before they got it right for their Youtube video where they make it look easy. These people do have extraordinary talents much like those that are competitive shooters. They just never tell you how many they destroyed practicing. But in the Business of selling these DJI FPV Combos at $1299 one will have to put in an effort of caution or go broke quickly.
For sure. I raced RC cars competitively for about 10 years and this is a whole other level! The one thing about a boxed kit is that it probably won't be as repairable.

True. Chasco I raced cars back in 2004. Was not too bad did you ever see articles on Michael w. den Hartog or North Missouri RC Raceway?

By the way, our video crew is on the way to the park now with the FPV combo now. See the link below if you would like to purchase
and Remember Forums customers should have a code in their inbox for 5% off if you don't send me an email and I will make sure you do.

Mike D

Reactions: adm_geomatics
True. Chasco I raced cars back in 2004. Was not too bad did you ever see articles on Michael w. den Hartog or North Missouri RC Raceway?

By the way, our video crew is on the way to the park now with the FPV combo now. See the link below if you would like to purchase
and Remember Forums customers should have a code in their inbox for 5% off if you don't send me an email and I will make sure you do.

Mike D
Yep, I recognize the name and the track! I raced from 1999 to 2010 (mostly onroad) and started again about a year ago. Although now it's just for fun we have the best track I have seen in a long time. The guys are way too fast for me to think about going at it with as little as I get to play. Thornhill Racing Circuit

I got out in 2004 to go to Air Traffic Control Academy. Sold all my stuff and just vanished. My son shamefully has a little junk RC car. Makes me feel so bad, as a father. He has no idea how fast those things can go. He does have a Matrice 300 to fly though, and when I get out of COVID isolation we will bring home one of the new FPV Combos from the shop.

I got out in 2004 to go to Air Traffic Control Academy. Sold all my stuff and just vanished. My son shamefully has a little junk RC car. Makes me feel so bad, as a father. He has no idea how fast those things can go. He does have a Matrice 300 to fly though, and when I get out of COVID isolation we will bring home one of the new FPV Combos from the shop.
Haha, that makes up for it! I tried to get my son into RC, but he has very limited use of his left hand and had a hard time. I let him use my left-hand controller which was easier to do, but I think the FPV with the motion controller might be the ticket. I think he was bored with the car not understanding what it was capable of.

Watched a YouTube yesterday by FlyPath on the DJI motion controller. Looked interesting, but appeared to be a bit slow to respond or required exaggerated movements. Precision movement or control didn't seem near an acceptable normal as with RC sticks... especially when limited vision via FPV with this speedster.

I've used a few in past: Yuneec, PowerVision and recently Skydio's Becon motion controller... all more simplistic than the DJI offering, but same general take... more for broader control than detail. The DJI definitely has more features & controls... but still based on gyro movements. Personally, my concern for self... dropping my hand or making an unintended movement creating my own chaos.

Watched a YouTube yesterday by FlyPath on the DJI motion controller. Looked interesting, but appeared to be a bit slow to respond or required exaggerated movements. Precision movement or control didn't seem near an acceptable normal as with RC sticks... especially when limited vision via FPV with this speedster.

I've used a few in past: Yuneec, PowerVision and recently Skydio's Becon motion controller... all more simplistic than the DJI offering, but same general take... more for broader control than detail. The DJI definitely has more features & controls... but still based on gyro movements. Personally, my concern for self... dropping my hand or making an unintended movement creating my own chaos.
I noticed the same thing. It would work for casual use but it doesn't seem right for the more intense footage you see. I am really surprised at the build they decided when they could have emulated a controller like the Quest 2 which is phenomenal and would allow control of all axis. If you've ever seen a kid play Fortnite or Call of Duty the commands that they control with just one hand is pretty amazing.

Reactions: dougcjohn
I noticed the same thing. It would work for casual use but it doesn't seem right for the more intense footage you see. I am really surprised at the build they decided when they could have emulated a controller like the Quest 2 which is phenomenal and would allow control of all axis. If you've ever seen a kid play Fortnite or Call of Duty the commands that they control with just one hand is pretty amazing.
Agree, that would be a big plus for 1 handed operation. Those interested in 1 hand would adapt quickly. Compound the 1 hand with no visual surroundings, wow... it'll require a younger mind than me.

Sadly for my 63 yr old mentality, those fancy game controllers over saturate my interest & abilities... I got lost on video games after Duck Shoot or Gangster with a light gun & 1 trigger!

Last edited:
Agree, that would be a big plus for 1 handed operation. Those interested in 1 hand would adapt quickly. Compound the 1 hand with no visual surroundings, wow... it'll require a younger mind than me.

Sadly for my 63 yr old mentality, those fancy game controllers over saturate my interest & abilities... I got lost on video games after Duck Shoot or Gangster with a light gun & 1 trigger!
After playing with it yesterday it is very intuitive and flies with the motion controller more like an RC airplane. Reminds me of the older flight sims. All in all it is fun. But the goggle battery is disappointing.

After playing with it yesterday it is very intuitive and flies with the motion controller more like an RC airplane. Reminds me of the older flight sims. All in all it is fun. But the goggle battery is disappointing.
I think chilling out the flight is exactly what allot of first time FPV'ers needs! As far as the goggles I am not surprised at all. Anything with a display is subject to under-engineering the power supply and the fact that this has a serious radio doesn't help. I am hoping you can connect a powerpack while flying like the Quest 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM