Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI RTK-2 Base Station as a rover without a phantom

EagleAC

Reaction score
Hi!

I am wanting to set up my base station to connect data from different points for when i map. Is there a good tutorial somewhere that shows me how to use it as a rover and set it up with a tablet instead of a drone?

All of the documents and videos I have seen show it being done with a phantom, but I don't have a phantom, I have a M3T.

(Yes, I know it isn't the best mapping drone, but I needed thermal and I can still get the job done).

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

Greetings EagleAC, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. An interesting question and I am looking forward to seeing a response.
Regards
Thank you! I am in Southeast Louisiana in the US.

These are good forums, I recently signed up, but have been reading for over a year now.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Gagey52
I use the D-RTK2 with the P4RTK controller, so I might be able to to offer some help here (admittedly there are differences between P4 & M3.

Do you have access to an RTK network? Early on I found the D-RTK2 wasn't the best when connected to the default, but I connect to my states' network and it's great.

As far as using a tablet, I'm not aware of an app that facilitates this, I think the D-RTK2 only works with DJI controllers that have built-in DJI flight software. But you should be able to use your M3 remote linked with the station. You will require a connection to the internet from the controller so you can login to whatever RTK system you're using. I use either a phone or tablet as a hotspot for this.

I use the D-RTK2 with the P4RTK controller, so I might be able to to offer some help here (admittedly there are differences between P4 & M3.

Do you have access to an RTK network? Early on I found the D-RTK2 wasn't the best when connected to the default, but I connect to my states' network and it's great.

As far as using a tablet, I'm not aware of an app that facilitates this, I think the D-RTK2 only works with DJI controllers that have built-in DJI flight software. But you should be able to use your M3 remote linked with the station. You will require a connection to the internet from the controller so you can login to whatever RTK system you're using. I use either a phone or tablet as a hotspot for this.
Thank you for the insight.

I do not have a state rtk network that is strong enough. I live pretty far from it and it usually won't connect. That's why I was hoping to use the base station to collect ground control points data then connect to the aircraft and fly it.

Much appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker