Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI smart batteries

K1burner

Reaction score
I have a cell that is out of balance, has anyone tried to discharge the other cells to balance them, if so how did you do it? I have tried putting the battery in the ship and allowed it to discharge, then recharged to no avail, I have also let the battery discharge itself and recharged also did not help.

Attachments

• 3148E7B8-9E63-4DD9-A360-3EFE70A20A01.png
    3148E7B8-9E63-4DD9-A360-3EFE70A20A01.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
We do a DEEP CYCLE down to around 8% and that helps "Reset" most of the batteries issues but not all of them. It's worth a try that's for sure just know what you're doing or you'll ruin a battery.

On the flip side if it's well out of balance you don't have a lot to lose anyway.

I was able to send it back and the battery was still in warranty, got the replacement straight away and it works fine. I would be interested in one that was out of warranty to try and balance manually. I used to play with cells on RC cars and planes and think I could manually balance one.

We use a Phantom Angel battery conditioner in the shop...it has two settings, STORE and CYCLE. STORE runs it down to 40-50% for storage or transport, CYCLE deep-cycles the battery to about 5-8% (which should be followed by a full charge).

IMG_5172.jpg

They are aircraft-specific, but I had one made that has two settings...one for Mavic Pro batteries and one for the Inspire 1 or 2 series...with battery pigtails for each type.

Phantom Angel

Fly safe!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM