Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Unlock Bug Finally Strikes

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I was headed out to a mission today not far from my house. Class G airspace. Setup and attempted to fly mission, DJI app says in "Enhanced Safety Zone" and to accept responsibility. No problem, have received this many times before. This time Drone won't take off. No LAANC issue, because it is Class G. FlySafe doesn't even list the airport. Guess I'll have to email DJI. ARgggg. Lat 41.955510 Long -71.144460 if anyone can shed some light??

Sorry man. You fly enough and it's going to happen. Only one sure way to avoid it.. Add to the fleet.

Sorry man. You fly enough and it's going to happen. Only one sure way to avoid it.. Add to the fleet.

Says they're going to do it to

Says they're going to do it to

Autel did add a reference database. However it is completely informational in nature. Warnings in airspace, no imposed flight restrictions. Exactly what DJI should have done. Autel has said that they will never impose geofencing unless mandated by a contry's gov't. What a novel approach.

Reactions: dronecyclops
Autel did add a reference database. However it is completely informational in nature. Warnings in airspace, no imposed flight restrictions. Exactly what DJI should have done. Autel has said that they will never impose geofencing unless mandated by a contry's gov't. What a novel approach.
That is a lot better than DJI

That is a lot better than DJI
Received response back from support, LOL. They stated it is not easy to update maps in MY Country?? And the only possible resolution is to make sure I am on the latest firmware.. Not sure if I have said this previously, but my local EMS Drone Team has a DJI fleet and is covered under a COA. The have unlock codes from DJI for their drones which remove any/all Controlled Airspace restrictions. They can do it if they want.

Reactions: dronecyclops
Sounds like operator error to me. Did you try moving 50 foot either direction? At least try different things? Nope just gave up....

Sounds like operator error to me. Did you try moving 50 foot either direction? At least try different things? Nope just gave up....
@rolling56 I will agree with that. Most often it is user operator error. Me included. I did move to the opposite side of this 3 acre property. Same thing. I have since tried to fly in another class G area next to my house. same thing. Have flown in this spot hundreds of times before. I refreshed the firmware for the drone. I think it might be related to an unlock I uploaded a week ago. Was going to fly in Class C, got approval and unlock. Synched to my controller, but never flew the mission because the date got pushed back. I can see that unlock code in the unlock section, but the date has passed and it if marked invalid. I'm am going to try to push another unlock and try a different spot.

Not sure what you're flying... if Mavic series, M210v2 or Inspire 2.
Simple low cost option removes the DJI GeoZone headach.

DH certificate provides all open zones and Altitude. You'll get a message like older warnings, acknowledge and move on. I've applied to 7 crafts, no issues.. and you can turn it off (deactivate / turn off in Aircraft unlocks).

Only $40 per Craft.. not to discourage you from a great EVO2 Ent... but it is a slightly less priced option.

I fly a 300 Matice most of the time. I don’t think there is a by-pass for the geo zones on that platform. Thanks
That would be correct... they just added M210v2. They may add the M300... I'd like to see the M210v1 added.

The EVO2 probably isn't a good solution for you either 😀
Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku