Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Deploy Failed

R.Perry

Reaction score
I had a mapping job at the old McClellan airbase in Sacramento this last week.
My flight was a short distance from the end of the runway. I got a LAANC clearance to 200 ft.

Launched drone deploy and it took off, started the mapping took three pictures then the drone locked up. I lost all control of the drone, the RTH on the software would not work. I ended up using RTH on the controller and I regained control. Landed, turned everything off, and launched again, same exact thing happened. Changed physical locations, same thing.
Launched with DJI and drone flew perfectly.
The drone I was flying is an Inspire 2, and geo fence has not been removed from this drone. However the geo fence obviously unlocked.

Went to Airdata and my flights didn't upload, so they must be out in cyberspace somewhere.
Has anyone else had any issues like this, and could it be the geo fence causing the problem?

• Wow
Reactions: WildDoktor
Last month I had a roof inspection image series to do on a residential home. No geofencing NFZ issues, using a M2P with Smart Controller, DJI Go4.

About halfway through the first battery, the video feed froze. I still had full control, just no video or picture taking ability. No big deal, just flew it over to my pad, landed and power-cycled. Rest of that battery and all of the 2nd, no issues. In fact, that's the only issue I've ever had with the Mavic.

Uploading logs to Airdata, that first flight is off in the cosmos somewhere. Only logged the subsequent flights for the day. Had to manually log that first flight. I know there's some differences between our situations, just that missing Airdata log caught my eye.

I talked to DD this morning and they were able to retrieve the flight logs. They don't know what happened yet, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Reactions: WildDoktor
I get this issue each time I fly for a metal recycling facility that has split airspace ( G & D). When I fly in the Class D, I have use the Go 4 app to get the proper clearance via DJI. I have a COA and did the LAANC via DD and had the same results as you did. The trick I learn was, Use the Go 4 app first, try to launch, you will get that "unable to take off" and the request for clearance box will pop up, put in your cell number for them to send you a code to open the airspace. Once you enter the code, launch (don't take off, just start your motors). exit out of the Go 4 app, start DD and you should be able to fly the map program with no issue.

I get this issue each time I fly for a metal recycling facility that has split airspace ( G & D). When I fly in the Class D, I have use the Go 4 app to get the proper clearance via DJI. I have a COA and did the LAANC via DD and had the same results as you did. The trick I learn was, Use the Go 4 app first, try to launch, you will get that "unable to take off" and the request for clearance box will pop up, put in your cell number for them to send you a code to open the airspace. Once you enter the code, launch (don't take off, just start your motors). exit out of the Go 4 app, start DD and you should be able to fly the map program with no issue.

Well I had no problem launching with DJI Go4 so the issue wasn't geo fence. I had two jobs that day in the Sacramento area, both in restricted air space. Had no problems on the second job, just the one at McClellan.
Good to hear from you, been a while.

Well I had no problem launching with DJI Go4 so the issue wasn't geo fence. I had two jobs that day in the Sacramento area, both in restricted air space. Had no problems on the second job, just the one at McClellan.
Good to hear from you, been a while.
Its odd for me also, I have flown all around San Bernardino, and Redlands area with just my COA authorization (KSBD) with no issues, but each time I go down to this facility in Colton, CA (3 x times now) I have to go through this process.

Over all everything been good, The city is seeing the benefits of drones use in Public Works and other aspects, especially when doing presentations for elected officials. Private work is picking up, so I had to cut back on golfing......lol

We can't let work get in the way of golf, and fishing. I have actually turned down some work especially when we have a bass tournament going on. As you know I now live between two of the best bass lakes in California.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV