Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone flight in Rwanda

Oyibo VFX

Reaction score
As I work in Rwanda, I want to make monthly progress videos (as I try to do on every project), I was also requested to do some geofencing mapping (I have re-installed MapsMadeEasy again, after it crashed two drones of mine).
So, a while ago I have started the process of registering my drone(s) in Rwanda.
This is a process that takes a month and cost $110,00.
I have done the needful (as mentioned on the website of the RCAA) so, today the month is passed.
I'm almost sure I will not get my registration number because the RCAA has their own (not very legal) regulations. I need to write a letter to some officer where and why I want to fly, need medical examination Class III (whatever that means) and I have to buy a permit (another $50,00).
The funny part is that the law in Rwanda is actually very clear (copy / paste of the Belgium regulations from who I have my license).
There are 4 categories (toy drone - Basic Operations - Specific Operations - Complex.

Because of the nature of my flying, a Basic Operations is all I need. But for some reason, the RCAA has the tendency to discourage the ownership of drones to the max.

We'll see where this ends. Just annoying that my Mavic is in their custody. Further... I have time (and the law) on my side

O.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter