Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone walk-through

360iViews

Reaction score
I had a company contact me again regarding a walk-through of their 75,000 sf design and production facility. My original proposal to them was based upon the Google Business Photos (360 Street View) concept, but the client doesn't really want to pay for 50-360's to accurately cover their business. Since that idea has been scrapped, I thought a walk-through video using a drone plus a Ronin might work. The video would be around 1:30 showing the design floor (cubicle work stations in an office setting), artwork (separate room with large format printers and cutting tables) and production workshop (product is built and shipped from). The production warehouse portion is large enough to fly a drone (Mavic) and capture scenes like wood being cut, product being assembled, forklifts moving finished products and loading of shipping crates. I am a bit hesitant to fly in the artwork and design areas because of lower ceilings and other risks (people), so that is where the Ronin would be used.
Who here has shot something like this with a drone?

Flying indoors creates lots of new "variables" to take into account. You want to carefully check and adjust your RTH settings "just in case". When flying next to a wall or ceiling you'll experience some crazy turbulence and don't' be surprised if you kick up dirt & debris like crazy (papers too).

We've flown inside several structures and no two are the same. Do lots of test flights and always error on the side of caution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayced