Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DSAR

aerialimagery

Reaction score
How about there be a special category for it so that it doesn't dominate the general category?

There is a special forum for DSAR. I was using the general category to make announcements that I thought might be of interest to the drone public at large. i.e., new Board members, working with the Red Cross, etc.

Reactions: BigAl07
How about there be a special category for it so that it doesn't dominate the general category?

There is a dedicated Members Only area now.

The problem is that the few posts that are in "General" (because they are general in nature) dominate because of the slow "other" posts on the forum right now. It's very cyclic in nature so when the other parts of the forum slow down these type of posts will "Appear" to dominate the spotlight.

Once the forum gets busy again they'll just fall back in line like normal.

I certainly hope so. The quantity of DSAR specific threads in the general forum is excessive to the point of looking like spam.

I can see PatRs point and Als. This is what I see when I pull it up.

I can see some of these things being in general but many should be in the dsar forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190608-082031.png
    Screenshot_20190608-082031.png
    563 KB · Views: 14
I like and support what DSAR is doing, and I’m even interested in getting involved getting the ball rolling in North Texas and DFW Metroplex.

That being said, I do agree with others....seems like lately Commercial General looks more like a company blog you’d find on their website. The posts should be in DSAR Forum or in News. If I cared who joined the board or other such info I’d visit the website and read the blog. I’ve stopped looking at Commercial General as often as I used to because it’s just a string of company announcements.

Again, this isn’t a slight to DSAR, I’m in support, just think the post locations are off.

Reactions: PatR
I can see PatRs point and Als. This is what I see when I pull it up.

I can see some of these things being in general but many should be in the dsar forum.

There’s 1 post in that screenshot.....the Night Wavier....I’d expect in Commercial General......all the others are blog entries or News announcements for the DSAR forum.

Just IMHO.....Big Al and others run the place, not me.

Thanks guys.

Keep in mind this is OUR forum (all of us) and if we can do anything to make it better for the whole membership we will def try to. I'll see what we can do to help make it better.

I greatly appreciate the constructive and polite replies.

Allen

There’s 1 post in that screenshot.....the Night Wavier....I’d expect in Commercial General......all the others are blog entries or News announcements for the DSAR forum.

Just IMHO.....Big Al and others run the place, not me.
That's why I posted it. I support dsar and their mission but I'm with you that a lot of their posts should be in the dsar forum.

Al, I think the importance of DSAR should warrant a sticky with general information for people who are interested. It could direct them to rcdancer for more information. It could include the general stuff like working with the red Cross and the hydrogen drone stuff but would keep it to a single thread.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
How do I get excepted into the DSAR forum? I currently provide DSAR for three counties here in MT.

You can PM @rcdancer and he'll get you taken care of. Once you're on the roster he will have me add you to the DSAR section of this forum.

Looking forward to seeing your name on the registry.

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku