Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Everything You Need to Know about LAANC Webinar Scheduled

Zzzoom3

Reaction score
Register: Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Everything you need to know about LAANC. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the event.

We are now halfway through the year and 228 airports, 867 cities and 25,390 square miIes of airspace into the nationwide expansion of LAANC.

What does LAANC mean for you and your business? And how can you get near real-time authorization to fly in controlled airspace with AirMap?

Join us for this free 1-hour instructional webinar with guest speaker Jay Merkle, Deputy Vice President, PMO, FAA. By the end you will know how to:
  • Understand 14 CFR Part 107 regulations
  • Use the AirMap for Drones app to request authorization
  • Get automated or manual FAA authorizations for your flight plan
  • Leverage resources available for Part 107 operators

Date: June 14, 2018
Time: 1pm PT / 4pm ET

Info is great. Learn all you can. Folks should know that LAANC approvals are available from different vendors, also for free. AirMap's business plan and lobbying efforts run counter to the best interest of independent part 107 operators. Enjoy LAANC but dump AirMap.

No offence to @Zzzoom3. There are a LOT of ops that don't realize that behind the scene, AirMap is trying to Create a maze in order to then be able to sell a map to that maze. Nothing to do with LAANC. We need to band together and look out for OUR best interests. Spread the word on AirMap. They don't want part 107 ops to know. :rolleyes:

Lobbying Spending Database-Holland & Knight, 2016 | OpenSecrets
Lobbying Spending Database-Holland & Knight, 2017 | OpenSecrets

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Info is great. Learn all you can. Folks should know that LAANC approvals are available from different vendors, also for free. AirMap's business plan and lobbying efforts run counter to the best interest of independent part 107 operators. Enjoy LAANC but dump AirMap.

+1 on dump airmap here.

Feels to much like Venture Capital money trying to make themselves a government mandated business. Private profit off a public service monopoly.

Plus they make too many mistakes on their maps for me to ever feel comfortable using them over an official source or better developed source like Foreflight.

Plus they make too many mistakes on their maps for me to ever feel comfortable using them over an official source or better developed source like Foreflight.

Yeah, the lack of airspace accuracy after all this time is another red flag for sure. There are airspace vendors available for them to purchase accurate data if they cared.

No offence to @Zzzoom3. There are a LOT of ops that don't realize that behind the scene, AirMap is trying to Create a maze in order to then be able to sell a map to that maze. Nothing to do with LAANC. We need to band together and look out for OUR best interests. Spread the word on AirMap. They don't want part 107 ops to know. :rolleyes:

Air-who? LOL

Besides AirMap and SkyWatch(which is a bit confusing) what other Apps will provide LAANC service? And which ones will be free or cheap to use?

Yes there is, search for Skywardio. Full disclosure, I don't use apps. I request my LAANC approval on my PC, print it before leaving to fly the job.

Do you do this via the Skyward website? I've been using Airmap since the LAANC rollout, but may look into other avenues for getting my authorizations.

Do you do this via the Skyward website? I've been using Airmap since the LAANC rollout, but may look into other avenues for getting my authorizations.

Yes, it is easy to do. As an old man I absolutely hate phone apps, fingers too thick....I simply get my LAANC approval the day before or the morning of my job, print it and off to work.

Reactions: Z06Aggie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rice