Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Extreme Long range video project. Need Help

venomgland

Reaction score
I know nothing about drones but I'm told this is the hobby to ask for help for what I need to do. I need to build a set up where I can view a live video on my phone of a target up to 1.5 miles away. If I can go longer thats even better! I can buy setups on the internet but they are going to cost $500+.. I was told I could probably build something with drone technology for less then $200.

Im guessing I need more then just a video camera and a transmitter to an app. I don't plan on putting this on a drone. I need it to be portable, but fixed in front of a target about 10' away.

If anyone can help me out with some items or links. That would be awesome! Thanks

I know nothing about drones but I'm told this is the hobby to ask for help for what I need to do. I need to build a set up where I can view a live video on my phone of a target up to 1.5 miles away. If I can go longer thats even better! I can buy setups on the internet but they are going to cost $500+.. I was told I could probably build something with drone technology for less then $200.

Im guessing I need more then just a video camera and a transmitter to an app. I don't plan on putting this on a drone. I need it to be portable, but fixed in front of a target about 10' away.

If anyone can help me out with some items or links. That would be awesome! Thanks

In order to do so legally you would need a waiver to operate BVLOS. Then you could probably start looking at the technical challenges. Good luck.

The project may not require a drone, a fixed camera may be all that’s needed. If that’s the case a basic camera set up with HDMI out to a decent video transmitter broadcasting to a video receiver and monitor would accomplish 90% of the requirements. Viewing on a phone will take more effort.

When you talk about less than $200.00 you are losing 90% of the drone people, and the other 10% most likely don't know what they are doing.
Transmitting video is no problem, doing it with a drone at that distance is a problem.

Less than $200 is not going to happen with any drone.
"a target up to 1.5 miles away " Who or what are you "viewing" You will probably do better finding a video/techy forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker