Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA Grants Approval to Fly Over People for Hensel Phelps Using ParaZero Safety System

You are welcome to purchase the parachute for $299 and test it yourself, or buy an ASTM compliant system for twice the price from one of our competitors (even though ours is the only system to have actually been used successfully in a waiver).

An Indemnus Nexus runs about the same or a little less, depending on the version as your product. They are also ASTM F3322-18 compliant. The Mars chutes are considerably less though I doubt they have attained compliance. The fact that a waiver was issued is a moot point. The regs are changing in the next year or two and the outcome is uncertain. It makes a lot more sense to wait and see what the new regs are rather than piss away $1700.00 of taxpayer money. Thanks, but no thanks,

Reactions: RWD and AH-1G
A deployment system is a wonderful feature to add to any air craft. Although it may not be highly received until 2nd or 3rd generation with greatly reduced associated costs.

I received an email from Indemnis, advertising the availability of their Nexus product... per their store front, they are extremely pricey... much higher than the ParaZero. Nexus systems: Mavic 2 - $2700, Inspire 2 - $5000, and M210 - $7500. Indemnis

The whole cost factor for a chute & deployment system seems hugely out of proportion. If it meets the FAA requirements and passed all the FAA tests, I'm not understading why a waiver is so costly. Actually, to encourage the use of certified parachutes, I would think it'd be low cost if you were utilizing a deployment device certified by the FAA and if you wanted to use something else, then require waiver with a uncertified high price.

Basically, the Nexus is equal to the cost of the platform. That just seems oddly unrealistic, and does appear to be attempting to grossly over charge. Just my opinion!

With all the cameras, gimbals, sensors, motors, electronics, radios, software and associated hours of "development & testing"... using a similar production formula, the drone price should be 4-8x higher for the platform.

The other direction is a crowd safe approved Drone.
The Vantage Robotics SNAP is rated at 20min, 2/3 camera. A drone that provides a quick path to obtain a crowd waiver, without a parachute. It's cost is $2,000-3,500 depending on options for complete platform. To refresh memories: the SNAP was the drone CNN obtained a crowd waiver. My nativity, would this require a $1500 waiver for crowds too? Not an ideal platform for all crowds scenarios, but 2/3 sensor is similar to Mavic and other small crafts. Actually I hadn't looked much at the SNAP, but per it's Specs it's actually much better than assumed.
https://vantagerobotics.com and Specs: https://vantagerobotics.com/homepage-shopify/specs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905