Join our growing community today!

faa webinar

LUIS MARTINEZ

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
in case anyone missed this:

govdelivery-image_crop.png

Drone Pilots! Do you want to fly your drone at night? If so, tune into our two-part webinar focusing on daylight waivers

Thank you for expressing interest in the FAA’s July 24 webinar, “The Dark Night: Part I.”

As a reminder, “The Dark Night: Part I” is the first episode in a LIVE two-part series designed specifically for drone pilots interested in obtaining a Daylight Operations (107.29) Waiver.

The Dark Night: Part I will cover the unique challenges operating at night brings and explicitly address Question #1 from the Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines (WSEG). As a supplement, The Dark Night: Part II will tackle the WSEG’s remaining questions #2-#5.

Throughout the webinar, you will have the opportunity to ask our FAA experts questions about the daylight waiver application process.

Webinar Dates:

The Dark Night: Part I

• 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, July 24
  • 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET LIVE QA with webinar host
The Dark Night: Part II

• 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 26
  • 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET LIVE QA with webinar host
How can I participate?

We are excited to announce that capacity restrictions have been lifted for the upcoming LIVE webinar, “The Dark Night: Part 1” on Tuesday, July 24, and the subsequent webinar, “The Dark Night: Part 2,” on Thursday, July 26.

Non-registered participants are invited to participate alongside registered guests.

If you are a non-registered guest, please plan to join the webinar 15-20 minutes early. Doing so will ensure your full participation.

How do I access the webinar?

1. Go to: Adobe Connect Login
  2. Click “Join”
  3. Follow the instructions in the dialog box
Please select the option to join the Adobe Connect webinar as a guest. After doing so, a landing page will appear, indicating that authorization is required to join. Do not exit out of this window. It may take the webinar host 10-15 minutes to authenticate your access.

Webinar Format

This program’s content is delivered digitally via a remote host. Specifically, you will need to access the Adobe Connect platform. For information and guidance related to Adobe Connect, please review the Adobe Connect How-To Guide.

Playback media files require flash. Ensure the Internet browsers on your viewing device are fully equip with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Audio transmits via device speakers or a connected headset.

The webinars are live, throughout you will be able to ask FAA experts questions via the adobe chat function.

From 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM you can ask questions directly to the webinar host via the microphone on your PC. Please ensure your microphone works before you log on to adobe connect.

Stay Connected

Did you miss our most recent drone webinar, Just the Facts? Don’t stress! A full webcast is now available online to watch at your leisure.

Watch now! Visit: https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/webinar/

Want access to webinar content and FAA guidance? Join our new drone waiver group on Facebook and send us your feedback and questions.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact: [email protected].

Reactions: BigAl07
This is very interesting, it sounds like the FAA is considering educating us on what is needed for various waivers, and these may end up being prerequisites for waiver applications in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if they finally standardized application language and get away from the current "guess what's on my mind" process.
The young pups coming behind us old dogs would surely benefit.

I think that if they would require hands on training for x number of hours under an IP before they issue your cert and an airworthiness inspection of your UAS at regular intervals that all this waiver nonsense would just go away.

Things have changed for First Responders/Special Govt Interests in requesting waivers.

It has actually become quite simple and fast, as I was told during a recent phone conversation. The Systems Operation Support Center fields these requests. I have yet to make a request but am sure I will soon. We are in fire season and I’ve been flying wildland fires and SAR missions along the river.

Waivers and Authorizations Supporting Emergency UAS Operations

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy