Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Finally working steadily!

Me too...Well, the world is changing around us and at some point we either go with the change or only hang out with people our age...LOL...I am careful but I do make mistakes along the way. Like I called someone a he when it was not a he...that got me into some trouble that I finessed myself out of with some charisma.

Come to San Francisco, hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for taking time to answer my post....I am using ADOBE Lightroom and Photoshop Express. Gosh, photoshop is a nightmare to learn. That is my experience. Anyways, I should just take the time to get to know my camera better and maybe join a photography club locally because hands on learning is my thing.
I've been using Photoshop professionally since before layers were a thing. The best way to learn if your'e hands on, is to open up a copy of a file that you can afford to mess up (You can always close without saving) and just go through the menus and see what everything does. Some things only work in certain color spaces (RGB or CMYK) other things will work on whatever your file is. There's a guy Deke McClelland that has been doing training videos on Adobe stuff (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...) forever. Look him up, he is the master.

Addie, There is a lot to learn about digital photography. There's also a tone to learn about business.
You have a good start. Building relationships is what business is all about.

As far as pricing, some base it on an hourly rate. That's fine, but knowing what the completion is charging is the right way to price a job.
When I first starting shooting weddings, I charged $1,100. As quality and demand increased, I was soon charging $3,800. This had nothing to do with an hourly rate, but was based on what others were getting.

With Photography, Is there a local Community College that offers courses in Digital Photography or Videography?
Adobe Lightroom is one of the standards for professional photography. Today the only way to use it, is to subscribe to Adobe.
Lightroom is non destructive, which means the original file remains unchanged, so you can edit all day and not worry about ruining the original.

Adobe Premier is great for video, but expensive. I prefer Davinci Resolve because it is a one time purchase with a lifetime license.

If you have more questions about shooting RAW, applying ICC Profiles, Using Tools like XRite ColorChecker Passport, or editing Video, just ask.

Adobe Premier is great for video, but expensive. I prefer Davinci Resolve because it is a one time purchase with a lifetime license.

If you have more questions about shooting RAW, applying ICC Profiles, Using Tools like XRite ColorChecker Passport, or editing Video, just ask.

Just a bit of update… the XRite ColorChecker has changed Company names… to find look for “Calibrite ColorCheker Passport 2”. All the XRite ColorChecker listing now show discontinued.… it‘s still same product, just a Company Name division from main Brand. A similar product but larger… is by DataColor, Spyder CheckR.

All Adobe products are now subscription… still great products but many don’t like subscriptions… I have both, but tend to use less & less and focusing more on PhotoRaw & Luminar.

Other products have super tools to perform what would normally take multiple steps in LR or PS.
Check out ON1 PhotoRaw, and Skylum Luminar Neo & Luminar AI. Regarding photos… Luminar has outstanding accurate & simply sky replacements that help a great shot look better with a more interesting sky.

For Video Editing… if you have an iPad Pro (or Mac M1/2), a super video editor is LumaFusion. Runs on iPad Pros and often run better multi-video & audio tracks than majority of notebooks running Video Editors (Premier & Davinci). To get going in LumaFusion the Company offers a series of Free Class tutorials… and there are several other shops & YouTubes too. One with great add-on tools is Vlogging Secrets, he includes several useful add-ons. Plus LumaFusion can install pretty much any LUT for FCP or Premier. Another small plus of LumaFusion, is you can add StoryBooks library subscription (audio, video, background clips, music, etc) for a fraction of the cost of buying StoryBooks for Desktop Editors. LumaFusion is made to easily transfer to FCP, Davinci Resolve, and Premire; taking with it all the Storybook material without the higher cost.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905