Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Firmware and Software

Wilson Lake Drone

Reaction score
If this topic has been covered or if the creators of this forum don't want this to be a topic of discussion I understand and excuse me missing it, however, even though it's great we discuss the commercial aspects of our trade part of it is keeping our birds up in the air. Having said that why don't we, and maybe we do and I've missed it, have an area for discussing new firmware and software upgrades and what others have experienced after they update? Some members may not go in any other forum to be exposed to the pitfalls and or the new features of an update. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree. This is a big problem. I run 10.3.3 with Go4 4.1.17 and am STABLE with my P4A.

My editing ipad has gone thru the 11 feasco and am currently on 11.2.2. It has improved stability overall in version 11, but I will not go to 11.2.5.

Reactions: Wilson Lake Drone
If this topic has been covered or if the creators of this forum don't want this to be a topic of discussion I understand and excuse me missing it, however, even though it's great we discuss the commercial aspects of our trade part of it is keeping our birds up in the air. Having said that why don't we, and maybe we do and I've missed it, have an area for discussing new firmware and software upgrades and what others have experienced after they update? Some members may not go in any other forum to be exposed to the pitfalls and or the new features of an update. Any thoughts?
This is a good idea...we support many of the Drone Pilot forums and see this come up on a firmware by firmware release in various threads (Inspire Pilots, Phantom Pilots, Mavic Pilots, etc). Have one central firmware discussion location seems like a good idea and might draw extra members as it becomes a known resource for people who want to discuss a particular firmware before installing it. I'm sure the mods here will give it some thought and decide if its a good fit or not...but I sure like it...especially from a retail vendor perspective because we get lots of calls about firmware updates, etc.

Thanks!

I hope the mods do consider giving this topic a place in this forum. I frequent other pilots forums and they all have this section and it’s the only thing I miss in this forum. Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone upgraded to DJI Go App 3.1.18 for IOS? Has anyone upgraded DJI Go 4 App 4.2.6 for IOS? With all the trouble that Apple IOS 11.2.5 has caused I am not updating the Firm Ware on my birds, iPhone/iPad IOS, or Go Apps until I hear the coast is clear.

This may be old news but I finally downloaded the newest IOS 11.2.6 and the latest Go 4 App, however, I'm not on the latest Firmware on my Mavic Pro. I flew two batteries with no problems at all.

Like most other fliers, I've trawled around various forums looking for a solution to my latest problem.
And unfortunately, like most of the contributors, I have an opinion - a feeling about what the problem is.
Even more unfortunate is that, quite often, the manufacturers don't have a quick solution. Witness the famous P4 update last year ( I have an opinion!).

So what chance do we have then, stumbling around in the dark?

Forum threads rumble on and on, or I should say on and off (topic that is).
Often there are axes being ground, and inaccurate interpretation of facts.
People frequently re-post the same problems and opinions on threads that don't quite fit their problem.

Often though, there are brilliant ideas, and sometimes, solutions.

But what these threads do is give an opportunity to the determined (or the desperate) to sift through tha FACTS and see if they apply to their problem.

So, I think that a searchable database of facts would probably be of equal or even greater value:

Aircraft model, firmware version
Controller Model, and firmware version
Software Operating system and version
Application used and version
Tablet model and firmware version
opreational status
specific problem
And so on

We may find that the manufacturers refer to such a database quite often!

Reactions: Wilson Lake Drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B0054890